For the sake of discussion...

ChiliIrishHammock24

Keep Crede?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Would you keep Crede around?

• Yes
    • No
    • Too close to call

Trust me, I'm probably the number one guy in the Joe Crede fan club, and yet I say absolutely, you trade him. If anything good can be obtained, go for it. Hey, I wish this whole thing with Boras and everything would work out, but it's not happening.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Feb 19, 2008 -> 07:17 PM)
What makes people think Crede can obtain us draft picks? First off there's no chance he'll become a type A, and I don't know how good of season he'll have to have just to become a type "B" free agent which would net us one supplemental pick. Big whoop.

Wow. You care WAYYY to much about people having interest in Crede (who is a very likable guy may I add). People like Crede, and hope he can stay, big whoop. You don't need to bash everyone for liking a player, especially considering your signature. Seems you should know about cult icons on the team. :ph34r:

QUOTE(JoeCoolMan24 @ Feb 19, 2008 -> 09:40 PM)
Wow. You care WAYYY to much about people having interest in Crede (who is a very likable guy may I add). People like Crede, and hope he can stay, big whoop. You don't need to bash everyone for liking a player, especially considering your signature. Seems you should know about cult icons on the team. :ph34r:

You want him to stay. Convince him within a short period of time to fire his agent Boras who will get him riches, and take a contract that will be slighted towards the whitesox. Eitherwise say goodbye your likeable guy.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Feb 19, 2008 -> 09:52 PM)
You want him to stay. Convince him within a short period of time to fire his agent Boras who will get him riches, and take a contract that will be slighted towards the whitesox. Eitherwise say goodbye your likeable guy.

I didn't say I wanted him to stay..... Im just defending the people who happen to like Crede, and would like to see him turn things around and be able to stay with the Sox, whether it be intil July or not.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Feb 19, 2008 -> 09:52 PM)

The White Sox have no intention of keeping him around. KW has already called Fields a future All Star. He's cheap for years, and KW has already made the "I called his agent from the team bus in Detroit, we tried to sign him" speech. Its just a question of do they let him play it out or trade him for scraps.

It's common sense. Due to the current system, there's a very remote, maybe impossible, chance Crede is a type A free agent which makes all these "keep him so we can get a couple of picks" posts worthless. The guy is mediocre, will not negoiate a long term deal, health is a concern, has a replacement who is cheap and full of talent.

We don't need him or his $5.1 million salary.