When did black become our primary uniform?

FlaCWS

black is the best color to wear in April because it attracts the suns' heat. Chicago will wear out the white pin stripes during the summer. the classy smooth greys will be sported steadily on the road as the year progresses. just wait till it heats up and then we won't see the blacks nearly as much.

It sounds like the grey uniforms are really underrated on here. nobody is talking about them except for the OP.

pMLB2-2796433dt.jpg

Edited by DonnyDevito

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 16, 2008 -> 10:51 AM)
As I understand it, the uniform is up to the starting pitcher that day. Or so I thought.

No confirmation that it is still tradition for the SP to pick the jersey?

QUOTE (FlaCWS @ Apr 15, 2008 -> 09:10 PM)
Since the Sox played a day game today, how about a light topic for the night: When and why did the black uni's go from being our alternates to our primaries? Personally I hate it, as I think the home pinstripes are one of the classiest uniforms in MLB, and the road grays with script "Chicago" convey hometown pride. The black was always cool once a week, as a nice change of pace, but seeing them everyday makes it feel like we're still in spring training.

So I was just curious if I missed an announcement about this...

OK, end of rant. Play ball!

I don't know what the deal is but I just LOVE the black uniforms. I just bought me a John Danks version of it the other day in fact.

QUOTE (DonnyDevito @ Apr 16, 2008 -> 11:09 PM)
black is the best color to wear in April because it attracts the suns' heat. Chicago will wear out the white pin stripes during the summer. the classy smooth greys will be sported steadily on the road as the year progresses. just wait till it heats up and then we won't see the blacks nearly as much.

It sounds like the grey uniforms are really underrated on here. nobody is talking about them except for the OP.

pMLB2-2796433dt.jpg

I agree, the grey roads are my favorite and it's really not even close for me. Only Sox jersey I own is a road Ventura. I've considered buying more, but it's like man, this road Ventura jersey is too good looking to not wear to every game I attend. The blacks are ok every so often, the vest uni was a joke, glad it's gone.