These guys suck

Soxplosion

Rowand is a decent hitter, and also a decent fielder. I don't think he is starter material, but he is a pretty good 4th outfielder. Yes he is on a tear right now, but that will fade. But yes, he shoudl play while he is on fire. That is one of my major beefs with manuel, he sits players when they are hot.

And as for Olivo, KW would be a complete moron to trade him. And from what I've seen of him so far, Williams is not that stupid. I support just about all of his moves so far since he has been GM.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is one of my major beefs with manuel, he sits players when they are hot.

Me, Maury, and Guido always joke about that. He'll play a struggling player everyday until he hits a walk-off HR then, JM in wisdom that evades just about all of us, decides, "I'll sit him" the next game. WTF is up with that? :huh:

BTW..... I am of the opinion that JM should have been axed in April. We traded for Alomar and Everett, now the Organization should go out and get a real manager. After all, the MLB players can't be wrong! :lol:

Clujer said:

I'm being serious...was ANYBODY surprised when we couldn't score with the bases loaded and nobody out? It's happened SO many times that I'm numb to it. When the final out was made, I didn't even get mad -- I knew it was going to happen 5 minutes before it did.

Anyone who was surprised obviously hasn't watched this Sox team in '03. Not that we're a bad team -- it's just that there are certain situations where they are virtually assured to fail. Men on base with less than 2 outs is one of those situations.

--Yeah I was surprised. I figured we could get a run, dos or tres.

Question, and I'm not being disrespectful -- how many Sox games have you seen either in person or on TV this year?

Relax Peoples, our Sox were one Billy Koch inning away from taking another series 2 of 3. The D-Rays have a much better lineup than they're given credit for(Aubrey Huff is the most underrated player in the AL, quite possibly), and they play hard under Lou P. If they continue to lose series' to the likes of Cleveland and Detroit, then we have problems. My apologies if this had already been said, I didn't read the whole thread.

And ya know, Olivo can hit a homerun with no one on, but when the bases are loaded, he blows it. That was pathetic!

Umm, Roman, try to recall the first game against the Cubs at Wrigley when Olivo was up with the bases loaded in the first inning. Does anyone remember what happened with that at bat? I sure do. Think real hard, Roman.

And then you say that we didn't lose 2 in a row to Detroit? You're right -- we got SWEPT by them.

How old are you? You are making yourself look like complete fool, buddy.

Guys, I agree, JM never seems to go with the "play the hot hand" theory.  I never have figured that one out about him.

I do remember one instance of JM doing this. Carlos last year destroyed the Cubs at Wrigley in that final game and he was batting in the #3 hole. From what I remember he stayed in that spot for the next couple weeks because JM figured Carlos must be hot if he hit against the Cubs. Needless to say Carlos was mercifully dropped down in the order eventually but some damage had been done.