And there's your White Sox latenight /early morning winner !

QUOTE (WCSox @ May 11, 2008 -> 12:08 PM)
True. But fortunately, we can't say the same for Anderson yet. I'm really hoping that he builds off of what he's done over the past couple of weeks. If he can hit reasonably well over the long haul, he should be our starting CF next this year.

That would of course mean benching Swish. I mean I like to say Anderson is on the upswing and all and might actually come close to his ceiling, and Swish is slumping badly, but I'm just not ready to say that Anderson > Swish just yet.

QUOTE (lostfan @ May 11, 2008 -> 02:24 PM)
That would of course mean benching Swish. I mean I like to say Anderson is on the upswing and all and might actually come close to his ceiling, and Swish is slumping badly, but I'm just not ready to say that Anderson > Swish just yet.

One's giving us a better chance to win at the moment however.

QUOTE (WCSox @ May 11, 2008 -> 03:41 PM)
I'm guessing that Ozzie may want Anderson in CF in some of these larger ballparks as well.

It really doesn't make sense not to at least give him a look in those series. Swisher's a fine CF in small parks like ours but Anderson is $$$ and there's no downside to having him in the game as long as he's hitting.

QUOTE (lostfan @ May 11, 2008 -> 11:45 AM)
It really doesn't make sense not to at least give him a look in those series. Swisher's a fine CF in small parks like ours but Anderson is $$$ and there's no downside to having him in the game as long as he's hitting.

Absolutely. This is also the year that Anderson needs to step up and show something against ML pitching, or he'll likely become trade fodder. So he needs at-bats. And if he's hitting and Swish ain't, all the more reason to put BA in the lineup.

QUOTE (WCSox @ May 11, 2008 -> 03:57 PM)
Absolutely. This is also the year that Anderson needs to step up and show something against ML pitching, or he'll likely become trade fodder. So he needs at-bats. And if he's hitting and Swish ain't, all the more reason to put BA in the lineup.

It's nice having too many outfielders for a change.