Thome and Hall of Fame

rokimar

I think he'll go in as an Indian. The bulk of, not to mention prime of his career took place in Cleveland. Nothing remarkable happened in Philly, and Chicago seems like it's his farewell tour, even if the first two seasons were great.

On a side note I saw his season stats for '06 and couldn't help but imagine where we would be right now with that version of Jim Thome instead of this one.

*edit* If he had a choice. Forgot about that.

Edited by ChiSox35

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 17, 2008 -> 02:21 PM)
They used to, until a player got paid money to pick a certian team to go in with... i want to say Wade Boggs and Tampa Bay, but I am not positive.

Good old wikipedia...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wade_Boggs

Hall of Fame plaque cap logo controversy

Before his retirement, Boggs was plagued by newspaper reports that the expansion Devil Rays gave him financial compensation in return for selecting a Devil Rays cap for his plaque, though he has denied that any such condition was part of his contract.[6] In light of those reports (and other rumors that teams were offering number retirement, money or organizational jobs in exchange for the cap designation) the Hall decided in 2001 to change the policy on cap logo selection, giving the Hall, not the players, the final say in such matters. Boggs would eventually be depicted wearing a Boston cap for his 2005 induction, despite his acrimonious relationship with Red Sox management.

I gotta say the hall will choose an Indians cap...but you'd have to wonder if the choice would change if he won a ring on the south side and maybe WS MVP honors...

a boy can dream can't he?

I'm more concerned that Big Frank gets in first....

QUOTE (DABearSoX @ Jun 17, 2008 -> 03:38 PM)
I gotta say the hall will choose an Indians cap...but you'd have to wonder if the choice would change if he won a ring on the south side and maybe WS MVP honors...

a boy can dream can't he?

I'm more concerned that Big Frank gets in first....

Frank >>> Thome

Frank has 2 MVP and a World Series not too mention all those ball park frank hotdog commercails

QUOTE (north side chi sox fan @ Jun 17, 2008 -> 09:45 PM)
Frank >>> Thome

Frank has 2 MVP and a World Series not too mention all those ball park frank hotdog commercails

Yea I know that but you never know with the hall of fame voting....

I am not going to assume anything until he is standing at that podium.

QUOTE (DABearSoX @ Jun 17, 2008 -> 12:38 PM)

It'll be an Indians cap regardless. He, Kenny Lofton, and Omar Vizquel were the heart and soul of those mid/late '90s Tribe teams, and the former two aren't getting in. Manny is typically associated with the Red Sox now and nobody wants to be associated with Albert Belle.

QUOTE (north side chi sox fan @ Jun 17, 2008 -> 12:45 PM)
Frank >>> Thome

I'd say it's more like Frank > Thome. Frank was more dominant in his prime, but I wouldn't say that his career numbers are multiple tiers above JT's.

Edited by WCSox