Official 2008-2009 NHL Thread

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3:40pm ET - Sorry for the big gap, things are a little hectic around here. Chicago, Ottawa and Atlanta are among the teams pushing hard to get Brian Campbell... Hossa camp being very hush-hush right now.

4:22pm ET - Word is Hawks close to trading Nikolai Khabibulin to Kings, meanwhile Kings already got Denis Gauthier from Philly.

I'm thinking its for one of their forwards maybe?

Edmonon offered Hossa $9M a season IIRC.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jul 1, 2008 -> 03:05 PM)
No

Yes

I understand that is a boat load of money, but Tallon wants to win. Sure, we could go after Redden but by the rumors, we haven't even talked to him. Plus, Redden is more of a defensive defenseman, while we need more help offensively on the PP.

At least now stud FAs are considering us. Now, if ATL kicks it up to 9 per, then I will not want us to match that- that is insane.

Edited by whitesoxbrian

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jul 1, 2008 -> 03:09 PM)
It's eight and a half million dollars, and you are ok with that, but if Tallon adds 500,000 to the deal, he is insane?

Interesting......

Because if it gets up to 9, you know ATL would kick it back up to 9.5, and so on. They are desperate. I'd like to think DT has enough sense to end that bidding war and make a push for Redden at 5-5.5 per.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jul 1, 2008 -> 04:14 PM)
TSN says the Hawks are pushing more now for Redden then Campbell.

Not surprising. They want to make a splash, but they have to stay reasonable.

We have extensions for Kane and Toews to worry about down the road.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jul 1, 2008 -> 03:43 PM)
Can you just please put a link or just a source (TSN, sportsnet) so we know where you're getting this from?

it was just speculation, and when i said to EDM i just went that we know EDM put up a big offer to him, and him with cole would be a good wing duo.

Hockeybuzz is where that came from though

I seen this and laughed but how true is this? If only the other GMs would think this way.

A GM said to TSN just mins ago (unamed) this market is just to rich for me. I'm going home. This is insane. The money being thrown around is insane!"