Official 2008-2009 NHL Thread

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 12, 2009 -> 08:06 PM)
Could be that they're just outplaying the Wings.

They ABSOLUTELY outplayed the Wings.

They withstood the early outburst, filled passing lanes, blocked shots, controlled the boards, and frustrated the hell out of the Wings. Datsyuk was invisible tonight, as were many other Wings.

Congratulations to the Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins - they took the two games they had to have, and did it convincingly!!

:cheers

Ottawa Senators general manager Bryan Murray has already taken calls and everyone seems to be speculating about where Dany Heatley might land.

The possibilities seem endless, but some appear to be more plausible than others.

Among Western Conference teams, the Edmonton Oilers and Chicago Blackhawks were the most mentioned by agents and league sources Friday, with the San Jose Sharks and Vancouver Canucks also possibly in the mix.

http://www.canada.com/National+Hockey+Leag...3473/story.html

I'd love this. We could let Havlat walk, and get a two time 50 goal scorer. Sure, his attitude sucks, but he's played nearly every game for the past 4 or 5 years. His attitude might change if he's playing for a team where other guys besides him and 1 other guy (Spezza) score.

QUOTE (klaus kinski @ Jun 15, 2009 -> 08:12 AM)
They wont take Campbell's salary-and I see Cam Barker, though I dont like it, being the centerpiece of a trade package

Campbell's cap hit and Heatley's cap hit are identical. Campbell and somebody like Skille to Ottawa might get it done. If I were the Sens, I'd rather have Barker over Campbell due to upside. That might take a sign and trade with Barker (since he's a FA) and maybe Bolland or Versteeg (they're both RFA's).

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Jun 15, 2009 -> 09:31 AM)
I would love to get Heatley but the Hawks would have to keep Havlat as well. They need both goal scorers to be successful IMO.

Why do they need both? Are you saying that if they had both it'd put them over the top? Because they had 1 of the 2 this past year and it worked out pretty well.

Edited by whitesoxbrian

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jun 15, 2009 -> 03:00 PM)
Why do they need both? Are you saying that if they had both it'd put them over the top? Because they had 1 of the 2 this past year and it worked out pretty well.

Yeah it worked out pretty well but think about having 2 50 goal scorers instead of just one.... I dont know about you but 2 is better than 1. Hell just imagine what the PP would be like with both of them...are you saying you wouldn't want the two of them?

Edited by EvilJester99

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Jun 15, 2009 -> 04:30 PM)
Yeah it worked out pretty well but think about having 2 50 goal scorers instead of just one.... I dont know about you but 2 is better than 1. Hell just imagine what the PP would be like with both of them...are you saying you wouldn't want the two of them?

No, I'm just saying that having both guys means we'd probably have to let Kane, Keith, or Toews walk next summer.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jun 15, 2009 -> 10:00 PM)
No, I'm just saying that having both guys means we'd probably have to let Kane, Keith, or Toews walk next summer.

Not really because Heatley will make near what Campbell makes... and you can bet if Tallon can find a taker he is gone. Also, Havlat will make what Habby is going to make elsewhere. You can bet Habby will not be back.