• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• southsider2k5

• mr_genius

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Aug 13, 2012 -> 03:35 PM)
Campaign has been going on for what seems like years, this is somethgin new and exciting! Plus we are finally getting down to the wire here, so from now on everything will be amplified.

now we just need to flip the ticket around and we are good to go.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Aug 13, 2012 -> 12:02 AM)
Wait, George W. Bush was Osama bin Laden? Holy s***.

It's like that episode of Family Guy where they find out Michael Moore, Ann Coulter and Rush Limbaugh are all the same person.

:lolhitting

You got it. :)

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 13, 2012 -> 01:55 PM)
How come the Veep candidate is exciting Republicans more than the presidential candidate. Why didn't Ryan try to get the nomination if he's so great? Romney is too unlikeable (way too rich, comes across as snob) to have a chance at the White House.

Let me pick some boogers out of Barackus the Great's nose while he reads his teleprompters.

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Aug 13, 2012 -> 07:08 PM)
In yet another attempt to end free speech in the US, Obama zealots charge stage during Ryan speech in Iowa. Try to shut down his speech.

very sad.

more info to come.

USA Today calls the crowd at that event 'spirited'. Imagine if a tea party member had tried to rush the stage when Biden was speaking. I bet there would be more words than 'spirited' to describe them.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Aug 13, 2012 -> 10:24 PM)
USA Today calls the crowd at that event 'spirited'. Imagine if a tea party member had tried to rush the stage when Biden was speaking. I bet there would be more words than 'spirited' to describe them.

The intolerance of the supposed tolerant. Tearing up campaign signs, very mature.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Aug 13, 2012 -> 11:24 PM)

Yeah, thankfully we don't have any examples of actual people directly associated with the Romney campaign trying to disrupt Obama campaign events. Otherwise, the outcry would be enormous. I mean, could you imagine if they had something like the official campaign bus driving around constantly honking their horn at multiple different Obama events? That'd put the official campaign on the same level as these numbskulls. It'd just be pathetic. The media would be all over it, it'd be the number one story for weeks. Especially if they kept doing it.

I mean, after that, if anyone voted for Romney, they'd just be tolerating that kind of bizarre, childish behavior. Tolerating the intolerant, someone might call it.

Thankfully, I can't find any evidence of that ever happening and I entirely made it up.

QUOTE (Cknolls @ Aug 14, 2012 -> 07:28 AM)
The intolerance of the supposed tolerant.

Hey we just went over how silly this is:

he so-called paradox of freedom is the argument that freedom in the sense of absence of any constraining control must lead to very great restraint, since it makes the bully free to enslave the meek. The idea is, in a slightly different form, and with very different tendency, clearly expressed in Plato.

Less well known is the paradox of tolerance: Unlimited tolerance must lead to the disappearance of tolerance. If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. — In this formulation, I do not imply, for instance, that we should always suppress the utterance of intolerant philosophies; as long as we can counter them by rational argument and keep them in check by public opinion, suppression would certainly be unwise. But we should claim the right to suppress them if necessary even by force; for it may easily turn out that they are not prepared to meet us on the level of rational argument, but begin by denouncing all argument; they may forbid their followers to listen to rational argument, because it is deceptive, and teach them to answer arguments by the use of their fists or pistols. We should therefore claim, in the name of tolerance, the right not to tolerate the intolerant. We should claim that any movement preaching intolerance places itself outside the law, and we should consider incitement to intolerance and persecution as criminal, in the same way as we should consider incitement to murder, or to kidnapping, or to the revival of the slave trade, as criminal.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 14, 2012 -> 08:00 AM)
Yeah, thankfully we don't have any examples of actual people directly associated with the Romney campaign trying to disrupt Obama campaign events. Otherwise, the outcry would be enormous. I mean, could you imagine if they had something like the official campaign bus driving around constantly honking their horn at multiple different Obama events? That'd put the official campaign on the same level as these numbskulls. It'd just be pathetic. The media would be all over it, it'd be the number one story for weeks. Especially if they kept doing it.

I mean, after that, if anyone voted for Romney, they'd just be tolerating that kind of bizarre, childish behavior. Tolerating the intolerant, someone might call it.

Thankfully, I can't find any evidence of that ever happening and I entirely made it up.

Republicans complaining about Democrats interrupting townhall meetings is hilarious.

QUOTE (Cknolls @ Aug 14, 2012 -> 09:28 AM)
Not the same but ok if it makes you feel better. Did they interrupt the smartest President ever?

Not sure why it's not the same but...

While the campaign bus thing is childish, I don't have a problem with citizens expressing their opinions to their elected officials even rudely and disruptively.

Balta, I think you missed the part where it says they tried to rush the stage. That is a bit more than heckling. According to USA Today it is 'spirited'!

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Aug 14, 2012 -> 09:37 AM)

Liberal favorite Elizabeth Warren was set to give a speech before a group of volunteers in Brockton, Mass., on Wednesday night, when she was interrupted by an apparent Tea Party supporter who had some less than kind words for the Senate candidate.

So, no confirmation, let's just go with it since he made a scene. Good reporting there. And seriously, is Warren really a 'favorite'?

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Aug 14, 2012 -> 11:26 AM)
Balta, I think you missed the part where it says they tried to rush the stage. That is a bit more than heckling. According to USA Today it is 'spirited'!

I did miss substantiation for the claim that they tried to rush the stage!

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/news/1660129...ort=newestfirst

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/paul-ryans-iowa...st-keep-coming/

An innocent drive by horn honking is not the same as jumping on stage and attempting to attack the speaker

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Aug 14, 2012 -> 11:33 AM)
I did miss substantiation for the claim that they tried to rush the stage!

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/news/1660129...ort=newestfirst

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/paul-ryans-iowa...st-keep-coming/

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/on...a-state-fair-/1

The hecklers apparently tried to jump on stage with Ryan.

See how you can slant reporting by just leaving out a few little facts?

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Aug 14, 2012 -> 11:28 AM)
Liberal favorite Elizabeth Warren was set to give a speech before a group of volunteers in Brockton, Mass., on Wednesday night, when she was interrupted by an apparent Tea Party supporter who had some less than kind words for the Senate candidate.

So, no confirmation, let's just go with it since he made a scene. Good reporting there. And seriously, is Warren really a 'favorite'?

No, but she is 16/4000ths Indian. :lolhitting

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Aug 14, 2012 -> 11:57 AM)
I was relying on the Fox News video, which was shot from a different angle. I wouldn't describe one woman tumbling onto the stage as "rushing" the stage.

You don't just tumble onto a stage 3 or 4 feet off the floor. Tumble off, yes.