Ordonez on the Block

WookieOnRitalin

So why couldn't you make that trade at the end of the year. Bad timing to do that now. You could make the exact same trade at the winter meetings.

I agree with you. This trade would be much better at the end of the winter meetings.

I think this offseason will bea busy one for the Sox as they find ways to make room to sign some of their better players. I think realistically you could see as many as four or five decent size trades as the Sox move payroll and add payroll in certain areas.

I agree with you.  This trade would be much better at the end of the winter meetings. 

I think this offseason will bea busy one for the Sox as they find ways to make room to sign some of their better players.  I think realistically you could see as many as four or five decent size trades as the Sox move payroll and add payroll in certain areas.

Please call them up and ask them to add players that pitch, defend and run. Please inform them having 5 or 6 DH's is not the way to win championships. Thanks. :cheers

I agree with you.  This trade would be much better at the end of the winter meetings. 

I think this offseason will bea busy one for the Sox as they find ways to make room to sign some of their better players.  I think realistically you could see as many as four or five decent size trades as the Sox move payroll and add payroll in certain areas.

Please call them up and ask them to add players that pitch, defend and run. Please inform them having 5 or 6 DH's is not the way to win championships. Thanks. :cheers

I completely agree with you.

I'd probably move Carlos and Konerko next year. Magglio isn't whats wrong with this team, even though he is swinging for the fence more this season.

I'd probably move Carlos and Konerko next year. Magglio isn't whats wrong with this team, even though he is swinging for the fence more this season.

Lets see....................Frank, everett, konerko, lee, daubach. Youre right. Two of those players need to go, at the very least. Id keep Frank. Any 2 or 3 of the remaining players need to be traded or let go.

I want to move Carlos right now. I say trade him for either Mota or Lightenberg straight up. And a prospect of course from one of those teams.

Well I don't mind keeping Everett or Daubach in all honesty. I like the way both of them play.

I'm more then happy with Daubbie and Everett splitting time at DH/LF and Daubach occassionally play 1st with Frank.

Everett is a pretty good defensive left fielder.

Well I don't mind keeping Everett or Daubach in all honesty.  I like the way both of them play. 

I'm more then happy with Daubbie and Everett splitting time at DH/LF and Daubach occassionally play 1st with Frank. 

K we agree. Lets overtake the sox and deal Lee and Konerko for some players who can pitch, defend and run. Of couse, we are going to need to add more than those two players to get decent players in return, but im all for it. :headbang

Well I don't mind keeping Everett or Daubach in all honesty.  I like the way both of them play. 

K we agree. Lets overtake the sox and deal Lee and Konerko for some players who can pitch, defend and run. Of couse, we are going to need to add more than those two players to get decent players in return, but im all for it. :headbang

I'm with you. I'm more then willing to get some more complete guys on the team. Get some high obp guys that can do a lot of things. I'm also big on adding more and more pitching.

I want a deep staff and a pen where I could say I'm comfortable with every guy in there.

This team is close. The Sox are going to have holes at 2nd, ss, and CF next year.

Harris and maybe Rowand could replace, but I don't know if thats the best way to do things.

I'm with you. I'm more then willing to get some more complete guys on the team. Get some high obp guys that can do a lot of things. I'm also big on adding more and more pitching.

I want a deep staff and a pen where I could say I'm comfortable with every guy in there.

This team is close. The Sox are going to have holes at 2nd, ss, and CF next year.

Harris and maybe Rowand could replace, but I don't know if thats the best way to do things.

Not gonna keep Robbie?

What people are forgetting about Maggs is how he sizzled in the second half of last year. He had something like 20 homers at the end of July, and ended up with 38. He had like 80 or 90 RBIs at the end of July IIRC, and he ended up with like 140.

In August and September, Maggs hit like .350 20 60. That's an incredibly good SEASON....let alone two months. If he could do that again....that would be sick.

Not gonna keep Robbie?

I could keep Robbie, but I think their could be better ways to spend the money. Plus I think they could just take hte picks for him cause someone will offer him money.

I'm very intrgiued with adding the shortstop named Matsui. That is one guy that the Sox would be really smart to sign. Simply signing him would be a huge BOOST to the market and all of a sudden if he plays like many think he can, the Sox would have one of the most marketable players in baseball.

We all know international players can really help a teams fan base grow. To me it would be a good investment. Although it is a risk to float something like 6 mill a year for a guy that has yet to play in the majors. He's supposed to be an absolute stud though.

If the Sox got him, then I'd just settle for one of the in house 2nd baseman or even Jose (For Cheap, like a mill).

I cannot see the Sox signing Matsui.  They just don't think outside the box like that.

Well I'd hope Gallas would be ousted and they'd get some minds that came in and told JR, spendinga little money can make you money. In this case getting an international superstar could be huge. Chicago is a huge market and with the exception of Hep Sep Choi they don't have any Asian professional atheletes. Not many cities do, but Chicago has a very good Asian market and it would be awesome for the Sox to tap into it.

Lets also remember it gets Sox games televised in the players country and it gets a lot of international Sox fans which is an awesome thing to have. Trust me, there is a great business in international merchandise sales. Plus the Sox could put together a travel agency in a sense where they get referral fees from hotels they recommend as well as with airfares.

They could have packages priced out to assist people from Asia to fly over to Chicago, stay for a series and see three games. They make money and they also make a lot of new fans.

Think, you want to become the best team in Chicago again and start drawing. Well first off you want to win, but second find ways to tap into new markets and come out with a new stance. Get JR out there saying and admitting to his mistakes (Whether he believes he made them or not; Who gives a damn just say it and start running things different; I'm not saying spend a ton of money either).

There are just so many things you can do. Offer season ticket holders a metro pass for each month or week that the Sox are in town (FOR FREE). This way they have a great way to get to the stadium (Even if they don't make the money on parking). Also extend the half price nights to season ticket holders, unless they already get discounts. I'd also tend to dump half price nights and just lower tickets prices for every night. Thats just me...I think half price nights take away the market. Most people will say screw going to this game, we'll just go on half price night and they will keep going those nights while staying away other nights, unless a good team is in town.

Also, more fireworks..more fireworks...more fireworks and of course the most important thing...WIN and SHOW EFFORT.

This year the GM showed effort. I've never seen a Sox team make all the moves this one did. It may not pay off, but damn it they tried and I won't forget that.

Well I'd hope Gallas would be ousted and they'd get some minds that came in and told JR, spendinga little money can make you money.  In this case getting an international superstar could be huge.  Chicago is a huge market and with the exception of Hep Sep Choi they don't have any Asian professional atheletes.  Not many cities do, but Chicago has a very good Asian market and it would be awesome for the Sox to tap into it. 

Lets also remember it gets Sox games televised in the players country and it gets a lot of international Sox fans which is an awesome thing to have.  Trust me, there is a great business in international merchandise sales.  Plus the Sox could put together a travel agency in a sense where they get referral fees from hotels they recommend as well as with airfares. 

They could have packages priced out to assist people from Asia to fly over to Chicago, stay for a series and see three games.  They make money and they also make a lot of new fans. 

Think, you want to become the best team in Chicago again and start drawing.  Well first off you want to win, but second find ways to tap into new markets and come out with a new stance.  Get JR out there saying and admitting to his mistakes (Whether he believes he made them or not; Who gives a damn just say it and start running things different; I'm not saying spend a ton of money either). 

There are just so many things you can do.  Offer season ticket holders a metro pass for each month or week that the Sox are in town (FOR FREE).  This way they have a great way to get to the stadium (Even if they don't make the money on parking).  Also extend the half price nights to season ticket holders, unless they already get discounts.  I'd also tend to dump half price nights and just lower tickets prices for every night.  Thats just me...I think half price nights take away the market.  Most people will say screw going to this game, we'll just go on half price night and they will keep going those nights while staying away other nights, unless a good team is in town. 

Also, more fireworks..more fireworks...more fireworks and of course the most important thing...WIN and SHOW EFFORT.

This year the GM showed effort.  I've never seen a Sox team make all the moves this one did.  It may not pay off, but damn it they tried and I won't forget that.

Forwarding your post to JR right now. Recommending you for Gallas' position.

Well I'd hope Gallas would be ousted and they'd get some minds that came in and told JR, spendinga little money can make you money.  In this case getting an international superstar could be huge.  Chicago is a huge market and with the exception of Hep Sep Choi they don't have any Asian professional atheletes.  Not many cities do, but Chicago has a very good Asian market and it would be awesome for the Sox to tap into it. 

Lets also remember it gets Sox games televised in the players country and it gets a lot of international Sox fans which is an awesome thing to have.  Trust me, there is a great business in international merchandise sales.  Plus the Sox could put together a travel agency in a sense where they get referral fees from hotels they recommend as well as with airfares. 

They could have packages priced out to assist people from Asia to fly over to Chicago, stay for a series and see three games.  They make money and they also make a lot of new fans. 

Think, you want to become the best team in Chicago again and start drawing.  Well first off you want to win, but second find ways to tap into new markets and come out with a new stance.  Get JR out there saying and admitting to his mistakes (Whether he believes he made them or not; Who gives a damn just say it and start running things different; I'm not saying spend a ton of money either). 

There are just so many things you can do.  Offer season ticket holders a metro pass for each month or week that the Sox are in town (FOR FREE).  This way they have a great way to get to the stadium (Even if they don't make the money on parking).  Also extend the half price nights to season ticket holders, unless they already get discounts.  I'd also tend to dump half price nights and just lower tickets prices for every night.  Thats just me...I think half price nights take away the market.  Most people will say screw going to this game, we'll just go on half price night and they will keep going those nights while staying away other nights, unless a good team is in town. 

This year the GM showed effort.  I've never seen a Sox team make all the moves this one did.  It may not pay off, but damn it they tried and I won't forget that.

Forwarding your post to JR right now. Recommending you for Gallas' position.

Hopefully I can move up from Gallas job to eventually part owner or GM :D

Well, when you get there, remember all us little people here on Soxtalk.  :D

Oh I will. I think I'll inform everyone of moves I'd make and ocassionally I think I'd slip a false rumor to try and get a team to do something else to your liking, opening up other options.

I think a Soxtalk Day would be a yearly fixture :D

I also know a few people here that I'd definately like in the organization in certain places. Oh ya, I'd keep Michelle way the hell away from me (Say behind home plate), I'd be afraid she'd try to kill me if I ever made a move she didn't like ;)

Oh I will.  I think I'll inform everyone of moves I'd make and ocassionally I think I'd slip a false rumor to try and get a team to do something else to your liking, opening up other options. 

I think a Soxtalk Day would be a yearly fixture  :D

I also know a few people here that I'd definately like in the organization in certain places.  Oh ya, I'd keep Michelle way the hell away from me (Say behind home plate), I'd be afraid she'd try to kill me if I ever made a move she didn't like  ;)

Damn. You ARE a smart cookie. LOL