Thoughts on Julio Lugo at 3B for ChiSox

bjchinn15

I think he played third base in Tampa, and can bat leadoff. If and when Crede comes back he could still be speed off the bench. He is currently on DL but expected to come off soon. With his contract he should clear waivers. If Boston takes some of the salary, would he be a good fit to help us get to the playoffs?

First -- Welcome to the Board

Second -- Exactly. "With his contract he will clear waivers" that contract has like 20 mil left on it, I dont want that one the team nor do I want that coming off the bench.

I seen the 20 milllion still left on his contract from another site. Curious on how the contract is broke down if anybody has that info that would be great. If the contract is for four years and 5 million a year then maybe Boston picks up half that wouldnt be too bad of a contract. I would consider him an upgrade to uribe next year and more depth than we have now.

If the Red Sox would do what they did with Renteria and pay for like 1/2 of his salary, I'd be interested, but not at current prices. The problem with that though is that the Red Sox got a highly ranked prospect at the time (Marte) for Renteria by including so much money, and I'd rather not give up either Fields or Poreda for a guy like Lugo.

QUOTE (jaxsoxfan @ Aug 5, 2008 -> 04:14 PM)
I think he played third base in Tampa, and can bat leadoff. If and when Crede comes back he could still be speed off the bench. He is currently on DL but expected to come off soon. With his contract he should clear waivers. If Boston takes some of the salary, would he be a good fit to help us get to the playoffs?

Yay! 400! Anyway, If a right handed hitter sucks in Boston, it'll only get worse anywhere else.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 6, 2008 -> 07:30 PM)
I'm perfectly content with Uribe until Crede comes back. Uribe is a f***ing stud defensively and right now I take great pleasure in having at least one player on the team that can catch the f***ing ball.

f***ing a right.

:)