Today's bullpen implosion, brought to you by Seattle Sutton

caulfield12

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 23, 2008 -> 07:00 PM)
Thornton had the chance to get out of that inning with the Sox still tied if OC could field the damn ball. Does he have naked pictures of the official scorer? I've never seen a player get the benefit of the call more than he does.

He better f***ing not win a gold glove this year. I will actively be rooting against it.

And honestly, this is a playoff caliber team?

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Aug 23, 2008 -> 06:55 PM)
Did Javy load the bases? If so then Ozzie was right to take him out. Thornton usually has been lights out dominating, but of all days to take a step back it had to be today

So what? You don't take out your pitcher in that situation. He wasn't tired and he was getting them out all night. It was f***ing stupid move to take him out.

QUOTE (RME JICO @ Aug 23, 2008 -> 08:42 PM)
How many times have the Sox starters had a no-hitter past the 5th this year? I know Danks and Floyd had a couple. It is amazing how the Sox pitchers are becoming all or nothing.

Ozzie probably should've pulled JV after walking Gross, but that it easy to say now. Just sucks to lose 2 at home in the fashion the Sox have the last 2 games. They showed a stat how TB has outscored the Sox 11-2 from the 7th inning on. The 8th has been extremely brutal with 7 runs allowed in 2 games. Linebrink needs to get healthy quick. I am surprised we have lasted this long without him.

Also, I can't believe TB is beating us without Longoria or Crawford.

Are you freaking crazy? First off, that walk to Gross was bulls***. Anyone watching the game knows that Javy got squeezed big time.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 23, 2008 -> 04:05 PM)
I really think Thornton is not unlike Marte. Neither one of them could pitch in really clutch situations, or with runners on base.

Thornton has a long history of not getting the job done, and it's sad that he's one of our more reliable options right now.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Aug 23, 2008 -> 05:55 PM)
Did Javy load the bases? If so then Ozzie was right to take him out.

No kidding. Remember the Javy from two years ago who would automatically crap his pants in the 6th inning? I wouldn't have left him in yesterday either.

QUOTE (griffey17 @ Aug 23, 2008 -> 04:06 PM)
hell bring in Jenks in the 8th....

Maybe once a month or so, but you don't want a guy with a surgically-repaired elbow to pitch two-inning saves on a regular basis.