Sox vs Carmines

TCQ

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 30, 2008 -> 07:13 PM)
Swing the freaking bat Swisher. The thing that pisses me off is we're benching a red hot Konerko to play this overrated player.

well, he went 0-3 yesterday.... it's not like 6 other players did that as well.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Aug 30, 2008 -> 07:15 PM)
Kind of sounds like someone else too. I'm done arguing about stupid stuff like this. Sure it was my fault for bringing that up, but I didn't appreciate the "Duh" comment you gave me.

I was being sarcastic, like he wouldn't pop-out because he doesn't suck like Thome does.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Aug 30, 2008 -> 06:13 PM)
Will we ever hit a changeup?

90% of our hitters are power guys, who cheat on the fastball trying to pull it for a homer. We are built to be destroyed by a changeup. This is the reason Johan, Radke, and other changeup pitchers have dominated us. If you can spot the ball low and away,and throw a change or curveball you can shut our team down. Low and away for a pull team is hard to homer. And that is how we score runs. Hopefully this offseason we pick up more line drive types to sprinkle around the team. Also moving Ramirez up in the order would help.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Aug 30, 2008 -> 06:15 PM)
Kind of sounds like someone else too. I'm done arguing about stupid stuff like this. Sure it was my fault for bringing that up, but I didn't appreciate the "Duh" comment you gave me.

I think we have a case of misinterpretation due to being on an internet message board and not being able to detect the tone in which posters are speaking.

QUOTE (Jake @ Aug 30, 2008 -> 07:21 PM)
I think we have a case of misinterpretation due to being on an internet message board and not being able to detect the tone in which posters are speaking.

that's what it sounds like, no biggie, not that it really was to begin with, haha.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Aug 31, 2008 -> 12:30 AM)
Ozzie knew what he was doing with the day off. No one is 100% right now, and this had to be expected with Carlos(wearing down at the end of the season), but Q isn't 100% right now.

I don't think he's injured though...just pressing.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Aug 31, 2008 -> 12:32 AM)
The Sox are not a good situational hitting team. They haven't bee all season. It's just the HR's aren't there right now.

Would you agree that's been a common theme over the last 5 years, and the main reason that the team seems to hit the wall and fade while the Twins stay strong?