Calling an audible

gosox41

So much for rose colored glasses. This series was decided before before game 1 started. Cabrera is 100% right about this team. They pretty much have no guts. I won't even get into why BA isn't starting and Griffey is. I should preface this by saying I flipped on the game to check a score and lo and behold I saw Minnesota use the bunt to score a run. Surprise Surprise.

Then I put my daughter to bed and flip on the game and see Wise batting with 2 on and none out. Do we bunt with one of our better bunters? Why do that when we can wait for the 3 run homer??? While I know we're down 4 I could have guess we wouldn't score one run waiting for the big hit that yet again doesn't come.

So my idea is this. Start Richard and Broadway in the next two games and save Buehrle and Floyd for a the Indians, a team we don't psych ourselves out on. This team pretty much mentally forfeited before the series started. I think that happened back in July when they blew those games up in Minny.

Ozzie was right a week ago, we go into this series trailing by half a game and we have 4 left to play.

From here on out, there is absolutely no reason for Griffey to play at all except to pinch hit. That Kubel triple, Wise or BA would have caught it. And I'm through with Javier Vazquez. Trade his ass to some other team in the offseason, I'm tired of him crapping his pants whenever it's a big game.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Sep 23, 2008 -> 11:17 PM)
THIS.TEAM.IS.DEAD

ohhhhh nooooooeeeeessss.

About 75% of this board should just stop watching/reading/listening to the sox until friday. Save yourselves the grief.

This team isn't dead, but that doesn't mean we can't be concerned about the teams chances when the manager continues to trot out a terrible defense day in and out.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Sep 23, 2008 -> 11:17 PM)
THIS.TEAM.IS.DEAD

ohhhhh nooooooeeeeessss.

About 75% of this board should just stop watching/reading/listening to the sox until friday. Save yourselves the grief.

Obviously you havent been here long enough for pessimism to seek through :P

I think more interesting is that the Sox seem to be giving up themselves until Friday, thats what I am more concerned about.

QUOTE (Allsox @ Sep 23, 2008 -> 05:57 PM)
And I'm through with Javier Vazquez. Trade his ass to some other team in the offseason, I'm tired of him crapping his pants whenever it's a big game.

Totally agree, he's got no huevos. Even when Ozzie essentially challenged his manhood recently he didn't even respond to it, his summarized response was "whatever".

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 24, 2008 -> 01:03 AM)
Orlando Cabrera can f*** off. He's part of the team. Where are he and Swish, Mr. Clubhouse Presences? f*** you OC. You lead!!!!!

I totally agree with you. STFU to the press and step up and lead the team. OC's a good ballplayer, but his attitude is for s***.