I wrote an editorial for my paper

bmags

So I'm in this international reporting class. It's hard. I keep getting these papers get back saying, great paper, but I got a D and a C because because there are standards for AP errors. AP is REALLY hard to edit for. It's like studying a dictionary. Anyways if we get it published we get an A. So BOOYA.

http://www.columbiamissourian.com/stories/...4/poor-posture/

And don't worry, I'm under no impression that my writing is good enough or ideas brilliant enough to be be beyond criticism. It's the reason I'm posting it. This is my first editorial i've written, and I probably won't take an editorial writing class. I already caught a spelling mistake that happened post-editing, and I'm angered! In reality I think I made Russia look too weak. BUt them getting loans by using shares as collateral is funny, to me.

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 15, 2008 -> 09:14 PM)
I didn't know they had one.

Yes, I attended a seminar of sorts they had a couple years ago.

They achieved some notoriety a few years ago when the investigative journalism class, taught by a pulitzer prize winner, attempted to identify deep throat. (They were proved wrong when the true identity cam eout.)

I have great things to say about Missouri's journalism school. Especially about Stu Lori, teaching my international media systems class, guy has been around through everything, moscow correspondent, started CNNs world report, and just sits in front of us and spits knowledge. He's awesome.