Honel called up to AA?!?

Cali

I was just looking at the probable's for tomorrow's games, and Kris is listed as the starter for B'Ham.

EDIT: I just read that it's just a spot start for Cotts because of the Futures Game.

Oh well, soon Kris, Soon.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/Stats...nd_AAsthn.shtml

Damn, why couldn't that be at home??

I was just looking at the probable's for tomorrow's games, and Kris is listed as the starter for B'Ham.

EDIT: I just read that it's just a spot start for Cotts because of the Futures Game.

Oh well, soon Kris, Soon.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/Stats...nd_AAsthn.shtml

Damn, why couldn't that be at home??

If that's the game in Kentucky then HSC should be at that game.

From cs.com

Hmmmmmm....

The rising

Kris Honel, the Sox's first-round pick in 2001, was promoted to Double-A Birmingham after going 7-5 with a 2.43 ERA at Class A Winston-Salem. Honel, a 20-year-old right-hander, gave up three runs in 5 2/3 innings Saturday in his first start.

I read that, but I didn't think it was permanent.  Rex, hear anything about this being more then a one time thing?

On the Warthogs Stats section of BA.com, he listed as "Not On Current Roster" :huh:

On the Warthogs Stats section of BA.com, he listed as "Not On Current Roster" :huh:

First off, when he was sent to Birmingham, he had to be taken off Winston-Salem's roster and added to Birmingham's.

My understanding is that it was just for a spot start, as was Yofu's in AAA, but my hope is that something will change and they will be kept. I'll see if I can dig up anything specific today.

I believe they are both ready for the next level.

So does anybody know if he is official a baron or still a warthog?

Maybe Mr. Bullard could clear this up if he gets a chance to read this, and maybe give what his impression was of Kris in his one start

Who ever called me Mr Negativity?? That is the first I have seen that. You been talking behind my back?? :-)

I called you that when you responded to a post that Borchard had two hits with "his two strikeouts make it not so great" or something to that effect.

Maybe Mr. Bullard could clear this up if he gets a chance to read this, and maybe give what his impression was of Kris in his one start

Honel is back in Winston-Salem.

Dang!

Dang!

My thoughts exactly. I thought both he and Yofu deserved promotions. Unfortunately, they both were sent back.

Dang!

My thoughts exactly. I thought both he and Yofu deserved promotions. Unfortunately, they both were sent back.

So what happens if/when Malone returns to B'Ham, does someone have to get sent down/up?

Man could you imagine if Malone comes back healthy and pitching well, a rotation of Cotts, Honel, Malone? Scary.

Dang!

So what happens if/when Malone returns to B'Ham, does someone have to get sent down/up?

Man could you imagine if Malone comes back healthy and pitching well, a rotation of Cotts, Honel, Malone? Scary.

Yes, someone would have to be moved. But I think we are still a ways away from seeing a dominant Malone at this level.