Speculation: Is this a precursor to a Peavy Deal?

Fotop

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Dec 3, 2008 -> 09:59 AM)
Peavy, 27, will make $8 million in 2009, $15 million in 2010, $16 million in 2011 and $17 million in 2012, and he has a 2013 option for $22 million, with a $4 million buyout.

Peavy's 2007 Cy Young award raises his 2009 salary to $11M. From '09 through '12 Peavy is guaranteed $15.75M per season, this is the 4th highest annual average value for a pitcher on a multi-year deal in the history of the game. Include his $4M buyout and that's $16.75M.

Given the amount of talent and money it would take to acquire and keep him, I think it would be borderline irresponsible of the White Sox to acquire him. If that elbow becomes an issue or he never adjusts to the new league/park it could cripple the organization.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Markbilliards @ Dec 3, 2008 -> 08:58 PM)
According to Rotoworld, Khalil is on the verge of getting traded to an undlisclosed team. Probably us, we could use more infielders.

Not really.

Khalil is reportedly going to STL for a couple of relievers.

per rotoworld

Khalil Greene-SS-Padres Dec. 4 - 12:10 am et

The Cardinals are on the verge of acquiring Khalil Greene from the Padres for two relief prospects, according to the New York Post.

We'll assume that neither Chris Perez nor Jason Motte is in the deal. If that's the case, it will probably be a pretty good one for St. Louis. Greene should prove to be at least a league-average shortstop away from Petco. He'll certainly be plenty motivated in what will be his walk year.

not sox news at all, but since it was brought up in here, i figured i would post it.

Edited by sayitaintso

QUOTE (sayitaintso @ Dec 4, 2008 -> 12:01 AM)
Khalil is reportedly going to STL for a couple of relievers.

per rotoworld

Khalil Greene-SS-Padres Dec. 4 - 12:10 am et

The Cardinals are on the verge of acquiring Khalil Greene from the Padres for two relief prospects, according to the New York Post.

We'll assume that neither Chris Perez nor Jason Motte is in the deal. If that's the case, it will probably be a pretty good one for St. Louis. Greene should prove to be at least a league-average shortstop away from Petco. He'll certainly be plenty motivated in what will be his walk year.

not sox news at all, but since it was brought up in here, i figured i would post it.

Actually it probably relates to the White Sox a little bit. That's a possible OC suitor off the board. When can arbitration players be traded?