Home RUn Derby Participants

whitesox247

Not sure if this has been posted before...

Garret Anderson, Angels | 21 HRS

Bret Boone, Mariners | 24 HRS

Carlos Delgado, Blue Jays | 28HRS

Jim Edmonds, Cardinals | 28 HRS

Jason Giambi, Yankees | 25 HRS

Albert Pujols, Cardinals | 27 HRS

Gary Sheffield, Braves | 22 HRS

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/events/a...03/hr_derby.jsp

Not sure if this has been posted before...

Garret Anderson, Angels | 21 HRS

Bret Boone, Mariners | 24 HRS

Carlos Delgado, Blue Jays | 28HRS

Jim Edmonds, Cardinals | 28 HRS

Jason Giambi, Yankees | 25 HRS

Albert Pujols, Cardinals |  27 HRS

Gary Sheffield, Braves | 22 HRS

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/events/a...03/hr_derby.jsp

Without Bonds, it's meaningless.

It has meaning anyway...  :huh:

It's never really had MEANING, but it was always fun to watch. I don't want to see Jim Edmonds, Bret Boone, and certainly not Garret Anderson in a homerun hitting contest. These aren't power hitters -- sure, they have a lot of HR's this season, but I'd MUCH rather see guys like Sammy and Bonds in the derby. These are guys that have 500+ career HR, and are among the most elite of all-time. Hell, I'd rather see Mark McGwire and Jose Canseco -- 2 guys that I really dislike -- come out of retirement for 1 night and see them rather than the 3 guys I mentioned.

Delgado, Giambi, and Sheffield are the only 3 that are remotely interesting to me, and that's not enough to get me to watch it.

Even the HR derby has been reduced to a meaningless exhibition. :(

They dont know who the 8th competitor is?

yes, it's the "mystery player"

i guess the decision could come anytime now and it could actually be made minutes before the derby...like if bonds finally stops being a big tool about it and just participates.

I don't think there is an 8th competitor, is there?

I say let Sammy do it.  Who cares if he's not on the team, at least it would be something worth watching.  Garret Anderson, LOL.

Uuum, no! :sosasucks

Are you so biased that you won't admit that having Sammy do it would make for a better contest than having Garret Anderson or Bret Boone do it? People outside of Anaheim and Seattle don't care about those 2. At least Sammy has some appeal from Maine to California.

i guess the decision could come anytime now and it could actually be made minutes before the derby...like if bonds finally stops being a big tool about it and just participates.

I think it was the Sox' official site where I read that Magglio has not been asked to do it. That's a shame, really.

I think it was the Sox' official site where I read that Magglio has not been asked to do it. That's a shame, really.

Well, since it's 4 al and 4 nl, maggs couldn't get an invite

Sexson will be good. Should be pretty decent with Delgado, Giambi, Sexson, and Sheffield. To be honest, I'm a little tired of seeing Sammy, the media prctically jerks off on TV when he is in it. Secondly I think that Sammy disgraced himself this year and should be nowhere near a field of all-stars right now.

Good point tenacious. Welocome to Sox talk. Good to see new members as I am fairly new myself. Anyways, I just want to see how far Delgafo can hit one. 550, 600? As for Bonds, BACK OFF! He isn't playing because his father is dying and being on the road the whole season he is taking 3 days to see him. I believe you all would do the same. Let the man be. :headbang

Good point tenacious. Welocome to Sox talk. Good to see new members as I am fairly new myself. Anyways, I just want to see how far Delgafo can hit one. 550, 600? As for Bonds, BACK OFF! He isn't playing because his father is dying and being on the road the whole season he is taking 3 days to see him. I believe you all would do the same. Let the man be.  :headbang

Then how is he playing in the all star game? Maybe you should review his comments, he didn't talk about his father...it was more of a "i'm not participating and you can stick it up your ass" type deal. Barry bonds is a punk.

Well, since it's 4 al and 4 nl, maggs couldn't get an invite

Who cares if each league has an equal number of players? What if 8 AL players had 30 HR at this point and the NL leader only had 15? Should we still snub 4 AL and take 4 scrubs from the NL? I think that's ridiculous. It's the HR DERBY -- not the "HR derby with consideration to what league the participants play in".

Also, a player shouldn't have to be on the AS team to participate in the derby. If it's a HR derby, that implies that the winner is the best HR hitter in the league. I don't believe that the best HR hitter is always necessarily an all-star.