Xbox 360 or Playstation 3

DaTank

Xbox 360 and PS3  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you like better?

• Xbox 360
    • PS3
  2. 2. Which gives you more bang for the buck?

• Xbox 360
    • PS3

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 30, 2008 -> 04:48 PM)
So today I was able to pull without much effort almost every movie from my 2 PC's in my house. I also swapped out my 80 gb HD for a 320 in about 5 min.

You can copy DVDs to the PS3's hard drive? That's legal? If so, that's pretty bad ass.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Dec 31, 2008 -> 07:16 AM)
You can copy DVDs to the PS3's hard drive? That's legal? If so, that's pretty bad ass.

I rip my dvd's onto my pc then over my wireless connection save them to my PS3. I also saved about 20 epi's of entourage, a bunch of Family guy, lost, HIMYM, Always Sunny etc to my PS3 as well. I have multiple seasons of each one on there now and I can sort them by season. It plays at a very high quality as well which surprised me.

Once again showing that the PS3 is a media center with tons of possibilities outside of just playing games and Blu-ray disks.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 31, 2008 -> 11:24 AM)
I rip my dvd's onto my pc then over my wireless connection save them to my PS3. I also saved about 20 epi's of entourage, a bunch of Family guy, lost, HIMYM, Always Sunny etc to my PS3 as well. I have multiple seasons of each one on there now and I can sort them by season. It plays at a very high quality as well which surprised me.

Once again showing that the PS3 is a media center with tons of possibilities outside of just playing games and Blu-ray disks.

I was a little disappointed.

When I first got my PS3 I wanted to do something similar. Set up a media server, but then I realized the pain in the butt it would be to set up the media center in windows through media player and junk or download third party software... those aren't solutions I like. I modded my xbox1 a long time ago and use the media center software installed so all I have to do is connect to my shared folders and done! Play videos, pictures whatever straight from my computer. Which is what I wanted my PS3 to do. It sucks you either have to do their media center crap or copy everything to the hard drive.

Edited by Whitewashed in '05

QUOTE (Whitewashed in '05 @ Dec 31, 2008 -> 05:21 PM)
I was a little disappointed.

When I first got my PS3 I wanted to do something similar. Set up a media server, but then I realized the pain in the butt it would be to set up the media center in windows through media player and junk or download third party software... those aren't solutions I like. I modded my xbox1 a long time ago and use the media center software installed so all I have to do is connect to my shared folders and done! Play videos, pictures whatever straight from my computer. Which is what I wanted my PS3 to do. It sucks you either have to do their media center crap or copy everything to the hard drive.

Huh? All you do is open Windows Media center on your PC and you can pull anything from the folders on your PC. Im not really sure how that is considered alot of work. It automatically identifies any movies, songs, TV shows and photos on my PC. You can play them all in HD quality over the network connection without downloading anything.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 2, 2009 -> 01:13 AM)
Huh? All you do is open Windows Media center on your PC and you can pull anything from the folders on your PC. Im not really sure how that is considered alot of work. It automatically identifies any movies, songs, TV shows and photos on my PC. You can play them all in HD quality over the network connection without downloading anything.

Yeah I know, but I'm one of those guys that's kinda anal about that stuff. I don't care for media center so I don't like being forced to use it. I'd just rather the PS3 see my shared folders open them and open whatever is in them without having to go through any other middlemen. I might not be making any sense, but that's what I was looking for.