How far is the fan deck from home plate?

CubsSuck1

Guest hotsoxchick1
I think there is a chance one could be hit up there tonight, but it would have to be a SHOT.

well if its around 400 ft to the cf wall then i would say add on a few more feet and youll have your answer......... ;)

Guest hotsoxchick1
I agree with HSC.  :D  Its a good 460-480? Give or take a few.

no one has the updated numbers on any site i have come across yet........ not even the new updated media guide has the numbers in it.......so 400 and add a few feet was the best answer i could give ya.. sorry.....

Guest hotsoxchick1

i think they said it was 469 ft to the million dollar signs hangin over the concourse in the outfields so you can figure from there where about the fan deck is... if they mention the footage during the derby ill let ya know.....

I think the only person that could hit it there would be Sosa. And that would be a, how do you put it, tampered home run. A home run that involves steroids and a corked bat? Hell, give me steroids and a corked bat and I'll say everything Sosa has as well.

I think the only person that could hit it there would be Sosa.  And that would be a, how do you put it, tampered home run.  A home run that involves steroids and a corked bat?  Hell, give me steroids and a corked bat and I'll say everything Sosa has as well.

Pujols hit one 478 last night. Frank also has hit one 495 before.

I think it's gotta be at least 500 feet. Plus you add the elevation of the deck, I don't think it can be done.

No way it's 500. It was only 470 to the "million $" signs and those were at the other side of the lower concourse walkway - which is at least 50 feet wide. I think it's about 440 to the fan deck. But it is so elevated I doubt one would get there. Several hit the front of it last night though.

No way it's 500. It was only 470 to the "million $" signs and those were at the other side of the lower concourse walkway - which is at least 50 feet wide. I think it's about 440 to the fan deck. But it is so elevated I doubt one would get there. Several hit the front of it last night though.

Yeah, but the fence in cente is 70 feet deeper than those down the lines, add the batter's eye and meshed area... :huh:

Yeah, but the fence in cente is 70 feet deeper than those down the lines, add the batter's eye and meshed area... :huh:

Hmmmm... then maybe your # is closer then mine. I'm going to ask tonight. Or maybe they'll let me get out there with my tape measure ;)

I think the only person that could hit it there would be Sosa.  And that would be a, how do you put it, tampered home run.  A home run that involves steroids and a corked bat?  Hell, give me steroids and a corked bat and I'll say everything Sosa has as well.

Soso's far from the only one that could hit the fan deck :rolleyes: