20th anniversary of the NES

GASHWOUND

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest hotsoxchick1

lol gash.. what ever happened to the good ol days of galaxia, tempest, space invaders, and pac man?????? technonlgy ....geez ill tell ya........you guys consider yourselves lucky to be coming up in this day and age....you could have had pong to entertain you ........ :D

excitebike, tecmo super bowl, duck hunt...ahh the memories...

Ahh, excite bike was f***in great..making your own tracks with those ramps and stuff...great..Was actually my sisters favorite game.....duck hunt was great..I was actually quite good at it!!

Tecmo was awesome.. :headbang

Tecmo Super Bowl and Baseball Stars were definitely my favorite games.  It was so great building your team in B.S. and trying to beat the HOF team with your team of .150 hitters.  Oh, to be young again...

Anybody play that Little League Baseball game..I forgot the exact name..I played that game alot..It had the fat kid, real skinny kid and s***...The fat kid was always the Homerun threat :headbang

lol gash.. what ever happened to the good ol days of galaxia, tempest, space invaders, and pac man?????? technonlgy ....geez  ill tell ya........you guys consider yourselves lucky to be coming up in this day and age....you could have had pong to entertain you ........ :D

Hey, I played all those games on my Atari 2600..and loved every second of it... :headbang

I am a video game nut from the early to mid 80's. As for NES, I loved me some Contra, River City Ransom and Ninja Gaiden. BUT, I also love the classic arcade games....Tempest...Burger Time...ahh, the memories...I still have an old NES tucked away for those Tecmo Bowl needs

That was the greatest system ever. So many of the games were great, and it just proved the point that a game does not need good graphics to be fun.

Tecmo Super Bowl was definately great, and I was always a fan of the Mega Man series. I have Mega Man 1, 4, and 6, and have also played 2 and 3. I have never gotten my hands on Mega Man 5. Also, I have beaten all 5 games that I have played.

Tecmo Super Bowl and Baseball Stars were definitely my favorite games.  It was so great building your team in B.S. and trying to beat the HOF team with your team of .150 hitters.  Oh, to be young again...

Baseball Stars was freaking awesome. I never knew anyone else who had the game, but that was freaking tight.

That was the game made by SNEK right? or something like that.

I am a video game nut from the early to mid 80's. As for NES, I loved me some Contra, River City Ransom and Ninja Gaiden. BUT, I also love the classic arcade games....Tempest...Burger Time...ahh, the memories...I still have an old NES tucked away for those Tecmo Bowl needs

Contra owned

Anybody play that Little League Baseball game..I forgot the exact name..I played that game alot..It had the fat kid, real skinny kid and s***...The fat kid was always the Homerun threat :headbang

I don't remember the name of it either, but I know what game you're talking about. You could pick your team from a list of 3 types of players. They ranged from skinny (fast but weak), fat (slow but powerful) and in the middle (average speed and average power). It was fun, but I still liked Baseball Stars.

I don't remember the name of it either, but I know what game you're talking about.  You could pick your team from a list of 3 types of players.  They ranged from skinny (fast but weak), fat (slow but powerful) and in the middle (average speed and average power).  It was fun, but I still liked Baseball Stars.

It sounds alot like this Hockey game I had with the creative title "Ice Hockey".

Damn!! I forgot about Mega Man series.....we used to stay up all night and play that. Pause it for school, come home, keep on going. I am surprised I didnt blow up some NES systems....Atari 2600, now I went through about 6 of those.

Geez, all this talk of Nintendo is making me want to buy one that works and play all of these great games.  Anyone know if they are available, and the cost?

Hehe, got one at my house right now...complete with Tecmo Bowl, Contra, River City Ransom...they are out there, not quite as rare as those functioning Atari 2600s

i have an NES in my closet that works, but whenever I take it out it freezes up and gets all blocky etc right in the middle of the game and i remember why i put it back.

you can probably find one at a Funcoland around where you live. that or a smaller, local video game store.

Clu....try eBay. I've bought numerous games on there, for about all my systems(bought a few games for my N64, bought like one big package of SNES games(I got both Griffey's, so that was worth it for me), and I got Castlevania and Bucky O'Hare(fun game, but is pretty easy and is quite corny) for NES. I may have bought others, and I just can't recollect which ones.

They're also quite cheap too.

Clu....try eBay.  I've bought numerous games on there, for about all my systems(bought a few games for my N64, bought like one big package of SNES games(I got both Griffey's, so that was worth it for me), and I got Castlevania and Bucky O'Hare(fun game, but is pretty easy and is quite corny) for NES.  I may have bought others, and I just can't recollect which ones.

They're also quite cheap too.

Do they sell NES systems that are still wrapped in the original packaging? That's what I'd want if I was going to invest in one -- I don't want one that's going to last a week. :)

Also, Zelda II was an extremely fun game. The Adventures of Link I think was its title. I also liked Metroid.

NES ruled!!!