BA's Prospect Blog with a couple posts about Sox guys

danman31

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Mar 29, 2009 -> 07:16 AM)
Best $950 I ever spend.

Wow... Poreda and Viciedo both to Birmingham.

And the Southern League All-Star game is going to be in Birmingham this year too!

I can just picture a roster full of WhiteSox prospects playing in the all-star game in their home ball park.

Definitely would be entertaining.

Edited by scenario

So, let's see. Birmingham's lineup is going to be...

LF - Shelby

CF - ??

RF - Gartrell?

3B - Viciedo

SS - Beckham

2B - ??

1B - Brandon Allen

C - Flowers

DH - Retherford

Starting rotation includes...

Poreda

Ely

Santeliz

Harrell

McCulloch

The pen will have...

Omogrosso

Nunez

Rote

Lujan

Brooks

Wow.... they're going to be loaded. The very interesting ripple effect of this is going to be the effect on lower levels too. Because there will be quite a few players who could be promoted who won't be due to lack of spots at higher levels. Could be a big year for each of the Sox minor league clubs as a result.

Can only hope Danks tears the cover off the ball down in WS so he can join the rest of the group in Birmingham this season, if it got to that point Id might really try and make it down for a series. Also, I think this is going to be a big year for Lucas Harrell, he seems healthy and along with Getz has been a favorite prospect of mine.

QUOTE (SoxFan101 @ Mar 29, 2009 -> 11:09 AM)
Can only hope Danks tears the cover off the ball down in WS so he can join the rest of the group in Birmingham this season, if it got to that point Id might really try and make it down for a series. Also, I think this is going to be a big year for Lucas Harrell, he seems healthy and along with Getz has been a favorite prospect of mine.

Ever met Lucas? He's a nice kid.

QUOTE (scenario @ Mar 29, 2009 -> 10:39 AM)
So, let's see. Birmingham's lineup is going to be...

LF - Shelby

CF - ??

RF - Gartrell?

3B - Viciedo

SS - Beckham

2B - ??

1B - Brandon Allen

C - Flowers

DH - Retherford

Starting rotation includes...

Poreda

Ely

Santeliz

Harrell

McCulloch

The pen will have...

Omogrosso

Nunez

Rote

Lujan

Brooks

Wow.... they're going to be loaded. The very interesting ripple effect of this is going to be the effect on lower levels too. Because there will be quite a few players who could be promoted who won't be due to lack of spots at higher levels. Could be a big year for each of the Sox minor league clubs as a result.

I think Retherford, Greg Paiml & Joe Persichina will split time at 2B. Mostly Paiml and Persichina though as I imagine Viciedo and Retherford will rotate between DH and 3B. Gartrell's interesting as he deserves to be in Charlotte, but may be back. Miguel Negron should be in Charlotte. Shelby could play LF or CF, depending on who else is on the team. I'm not sure if Salvador Sanchez will be in B'ham or back in W-S. I'm guessing a lot of guys from last year will get cut outright...Javier Colina, Robbie Hudson, C.J. Lang, Freddie Thon, Jared Price, Lee Cruz, Estee Harris, Ronnie Gaines, Adam Ricks & Brett Bonvechio are names I wonder about. I think Jacob Rasner, Matt Zaleski, Henry Mabee, Michael Dubee, Steven Spurgeon, Israel Chirino & Matt Long could be part of B'ham's pitching staff.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Mar 29, 2009 -> 12:13 PM)
Ever met Lucas? He's a nice kid.

Jason talked to him quickly on Sunday at the Spring Training, and he did seem like a real nice guy.

Hopefully he has an injury free season and does well.