Should we trade for Swisher

letsgoarow

the departures of crede and swisher really point out how the city felt about those guys...IMO crede got just tons of credit for being a below average player in his time here, and nobody got less credit for hitting 25 HR with a respectable OBP while playing adequate defense at a huge position of need than nick swisher....i mean even in crede's best season (2006) he wasn't THAT much better than the 1 season swisher was here...and in every other year crede was here, a legit arguement can be made that he was worse than swisher was last year

Edited by daa84

Swisher got the Sox Viciedo. Nuff said. Obviously, Swisher will be much better than last year and far more in line with his career averages. I'd also say that he'd look really good in CF right now. However, I don't fault the Sox from moving them but clearly it was a deal that didn't work out for the Sox (since I'd rather have Sweeney and Viciedo (had we never made the deal, the Sox would have had money for Viciedo). But I loved the move at the time and no one knew how awful Swish would be last year.