THE PESSIMISM MUST END

Soxplosion

There is an aweful lot of pessimism on this board being spewed out by certain members. People who think that 2003 for the Sox is just doomed from the beginning. Im not going to name anybody but those people know who Im talking about. Im not even necessarily saying you are wrong, Im just asking for you guys to end it. You can think it for all I care, but please dont share it with us. Just leave some hope for those that do have hope.

oldroman, I'm with you 100%. we don't have to name names because we all know who are the pessimists.

they want to be known as realists, because they are telling the truth, but in reality they are just people who like to complain. even if there is nothing wrong with the Sox, they will complain.

I just find it really funny and confusing how some go to a message board just to complain. a trade is proposed and their response - NOT GONNA HAPPEN. a rumors is out saying the Sox will get this guy and their response - NOT GONNA HAPPEN. somone liking teh sox chances and believing they can win teh division and their response is - NOT GONNA HAPPEN.

hell, my idea for all of them would be to have their signatures that say NOT GONNA HAPPEN and just click reply and send on every post they see.

sorry to all those "pessimists" out there. don't get me wrong, you guys are smart, knowledgable, and I respect your dedication to the Sox, but you all need to lighten up a bit.

Originally posted by theoldroman

So maybe they will stink, but atleast keep the hope that there is hope...

There is no hope where JR and KW tread. The two of them will not go out and get the starter we so desperately need without KW trading away damn near the whole farm system. This team has not been a legitimate contender for approximately 10 years now (2000 was an abberation..... a team playing way better than they really ever should have). The worst thing that could have happened to the White Sox Organization was 2000 because it legitimized, at least in the mind of JR, that you don't need to go out and get a proven, established starter because the players in the farm system will eventually play well enough to win. It also legitimized, at least in JR's warped mind, that the "White Flag Trade" was the thing to do. Since 2000, this team has struggled to remain above .500 until the end of the season. JR and KW are, once again, going to try to catch lightning in a bottle in 2003..... and it isn't going to happen!!!!! And if by some stroke of luck it does, it will be another sorry showing in the ALDS.

Fact: This team won't do dick as long as JR and KW are running things. Get used to it oldroman :mad:

also, might i remind everyone that the oldroman has been harping on how much the bears suck and they haven't done s*** in years. SO WHICH IS IT BUDDY? IS PESSIMISM ONLY LIMITED TO THE BEARS? :huh

haha....redskins...can't get over that

Originally posted by theoldroman

So maybe they will stink, but atleast keep the hope that there is hope...

id have more hope if i was a d-rays fan right now...atleast getting pinella was a move in the right direction...we havent made one move to improve this team...give me one REAL reason for hope

Originally posted by Molto  even if there is nothing wrong with the Sox, they will complain.

So not winning an AL Playoff home game since 1959 is acceptable to you? Not being in a WS since 1959 is acceptable to you? Not winning a WS since 19-f***ing-17 is acceptable to you?

Wow! With expectations as low as these, no wonder why JR feels no pressure to remove an inept GM or to go out and try to solidify the starting rotation by going out and signing a frontline, established SP. And after all the BS we saw last year, JR raised ticket prices! And the renovations are being footed by the taxpayers and, of all things, the Soldier Field Expansion! JR has no excuse for not going out and signing a gamebreaker. But with expectations so low why should he?

So not winning an AL Playoff home game since 1959 is acceptable to you? Not being in a WS since 1959 is acceptable to you? Not winning a WS since 19-f***ing-17 is acceptable to you?

None of that is acceptable to me. But all the f***ing b****ing in the world will not change it. All of the f***ing pessimism and all of the f***ing Ain't Gonna Happen s*** in the world will not bring us a World Series either.

So I might as well enjoy being a Sox fan and hope for the best, because in case you all haven't noticed, the nasty things that get posted are not causing any change in direction of the Sox. What will be, will be, and no one wants to see a World Series more than me. I am no f***ing optimist about next season and for all I have seen of KW I don't yet know how I feel about him.

But damn it all to hell, I can cuss JR out all the f***ing livelong day and know what? Ain't gonna change a goddamn f***ing thing, and it makes me miserable. Since I enjoy the Sox, I take as it comes, with my hopes and my fears wrapped up in my love of the Sox.

Molto, Im mean, I really dont like KW but he has shown he has the guts to take risks and make blockbuster trades. We will acquire some new people Im sure. We will be good in 2003 Im also sure. Maybe others dont think this way but they oughta just keep to themselves.

Spiff, I never really was a huge Bears fan. Almost everyone here tho is a White Sox diehard. I followed the Bears sure but Ive always rooted for other teams which Ive liked (Panthers, Ravens, Browns...) but now Ive found one Ive really liked in the Skins...

And cwsox, for a priest, that was brutal... lol

Originally posted by Spiff

also, might i remind everyone that the oldroman has been harping on how much the bears suck and they haven't done s*** in years. SO WHICH IS IT BUDDY? IS PESSIMISM ONLY LIMITED TO THE BEARS? :huh

haha....redskins...can't get over that

You just got smoted Roman.

Originally posted by theoldromanSpiff, I never really was a huge Bears fan. Almost everyone here tho is a White Sox diehard. I followed the Bears sure but Ive always rooted for other teams which Ive liked (Panthers, Ravens, Browns...) but now Ive found one Ive really liked in the Skins...

Congratulations, you made no sense at all. So it's only bad if you like a team and say they suck, but if you don't like them so much it's ok? Almost everyone here is a Bears diehard, so you are pissing them off by mocking of their history. So I guess what we get here is since you are a football team whore that gets passed around like a doobie, you can make fun of the team you like sometimes, when you find one you like better.

Originally posted by theoldromanSpiff, I never really was a huge Bears fan. Almost everyone here tho is a White Sox diehard. I followed the Bears sure but Ive always rooted for other teams which Ive liked (Panthers, Ravens, Browns...) but now Ive found one Ive really liked in the Skins...

Congratulations, you made no sense at all. So it's only bad if you like a team and say they suck, but if you don't like them so much it's ok? Almost everyone here is a Bears diehard, so you are pissing them off by mocking of their history. So I guess what we get here is since you are a football team whore that gets passed around like a doobie, you can make fun of the team you like sometimes, when you find one you like better.

Cwsox and witesoxfan root for teams other than the Bears. And Im not mocking the history, I just said I dont care about a history I never saw. BTW, my last game rooting for the Bears (when they got smoked by the Rams) I was chatting with HSC and I was the optimist while she was saying they would probably lose...

LMFAO!:headbang

Guest hotsoxchick1

psycho.. .its not called being pessimistic its called reality.............nothing has changed this year from last with the exception that choice, lofton, and alomar arent here... were still stuck with the same crappy bull pen and the same s***ty gm.... so untill something huge happens here im going to be a realistic thinking person and say we arent going to get any further than what we did this past seaosn.................i think killa and rps said it best..........

Originally posted by hotsoxchick1                                                        so untill something huge happens here im going to be a realistic thinking person and say we arent going to get any further than what we did this past seaosn.

Yeah..... the title of this thread should have been, "The 'Realism' Must End" :D