Car tow 33rd st....

rokimar

Has anybody ever got their car towed off 33rd street during Sox game?

Happened to my girlfriend and when we went to pick it up... it was on 40th and Union park on the street. Will we get ticket in mail? There was nothing on the car..

QUOTE (north side chi sox fan @ Apr 26, 2009 -> 01:06 PM)

Happened to my girlfriend and when we went to pick it up... it was on 40th and Union park on the street. Will we get ticket in mail? There was nothing on the car..

if they're doing work on a street and had not posted signs warning of the work or another reason to have no parking then this has been known to happen, they'll move you as close as possible out of the way. doesn't happen too often. no idea why they would simply move you off 33rd during a game if you've got the proper stickers. how did you find it at 40th and union?

QUOTE (north side chi sox fan @ Apr 26, 2009 -> 06:06 PM)

It sounds like someone stole your car and you just happened to find it.

I had something like that happen to me at Union Station in St. Louis.

I stayed at the hotel there, parked my car in the open lot behind it, and when I looked for it in the morning... it was about 5 rows over.

Turns out they were setting up for an event and they moved all the cars that were 'in the way'.

Freaked me out for about 15 minutes til I figured out what was going on though.

QUOTE (JorgeFabregas @ Apr 27, 2009 -> 08:36 AM)
If it was actually the city that moved it, they might have been able to get the location from the city's website using the VIN.

On the city of Chicago website you can type in license plate and it said that the car got towed and gave address of towing company..... when I went to pick i up we found the car just parked on 40th and Union. There was no ticket and there is to no ticket on city of Chicago website. Just weird that they towed it no charge / no ticket.

It was parked on 33rd right by the highway where they add the extra lane during ball game and nobody allowed to park there 2 hours before / 1 hour after.

QUOTE (north side chi sox fan @ Apr 27, 2009 -> 10:25 AM)
On the city of Chicago website you can type in license plate and it said that the car got towed and gave address of towing company..... when I went to pick i up we found the car just parked on 40th and Union. There was no ticket and there is to no ticket on city of Chicago website. Just weird that they towed it no charge / no ticket.

It was parked on 33rd right by the highway where they add the extra lane during ball game and nobody allowed to park there 2 hours before / 1 hour after.

I had my car towed off a city street once because I misread a snow sign, sign basically said no parking after 2 a.m. if over 2 inches of snow or until March 31st or something. I missed the thing about the date and parked since it was like 50 and there was no snow at all. Came back it was towed. Found out where it was and only had to pay the tow fee, I was not issued a ticket.

QUOTE (north side chi sox fan @ Apr 27, 2009 -> 10:25 AM)

across from armour square in front of the tiny pizza place or across from the lot? who knows, maybe they're letting people off easy for a few games thinking its mostly bridgeport folks doing it. i wouldn't put it on 33rd again.