hey, no kidding on this one

IndySoxFan

Who knows?

If this team plays up to it's potential..... hell yeah we can. And we'll win the AL Central..... IMO.

If this team keeps playing down to the level of it's competition..... hell no we can't.

Simple as that. Take one game/series at a time.

Who knows?

If this team plays up to it's potential..... hell yeah we can. And we'll win the AL Central..... IMO.

If this team keeps playing down to the level of it's competition..... hell no we can't.

yea... but give me your prediction.... are we going to run them down?

they seem tough

Who knows?

they seem tough

My opinion?

No

I'm still waiting for KC to fall into a slump and for the Sox to take advantage. But, I am more worried about Minnesota, they actually have experience in pennant races and look like they aren't laying down just yet. The sox need to worry about themselves though. They won't do anything if they play like they did in the first half.

Who knows?

they seem tough

My opinion?

No

thank you for a candid opinion....

i have my doubts too...

but... if these stiffs can get on a hot streak....

i just dont see it :angry:

Guest hotsoxchick1
Yeah, i still think theyre the best team in the division.

with twinks pitching in the s***ter ... oh wait they did sign jb...lol.... so maybe were gonna have a tight race with them .......... :rolleyes: .....still think that unless kc falls to the way side they will be the thorn left in our sides not the twins...........mho

I agree, the royals are bound to start losing. They just don't know how to handle a division race.

Anaheim Angels, 2002

Arizona Diamondbacks, 2001

Don't even start comparing the '03 Royals to the '01 D-Backs and '02 Angels because there is no comparison.

I agree, the royals are bound to start losing. They just don't know how to handle a division race.

Anaheim Angels, 2002

Don't even start comparing the '03 Royals to the '01 D-Backs and '02 Angels because there is no comparison.

You wouldn't be saying that prior to the two team's runs the previous two seasons.

Anaheim Angels, 2002

You wouldn't be saying that prior to the two team's runs the previous two seasons.

right.... these f***ers have a real confidence problem.... they think they can take this division

and they might be right

Anaheim Angels, 2002

Maybe not so much Anaheim but the D-Backs were as legit as anybody in '01.

Anaheim might be an accurate comparison to the Royals, but that 2001 DBacks team had a TON of veterans with playoff experience, and a MAJOR difference in the 1-2 punch on the mound.

That said, the longer the Royals stay in 1st, the more they're gonna feel like they belong there, and play that way as a result.

( Exception, of course.....'69 Cubs......anything can happen.... )

Do I think the Sox will catch KC? Honestly, no. Too inconsistent, and it would take a REALLY good second half AND a major dropoff by the Royals.

Trade Lee and Konerko, and we win. I've said it quite a few times, but IMO, it is the thing that is keeping us back. We have too many .270 25 80 type guys on this team(and some put up worse numbers than that). You trade Lee, that opens up a spot in LF for Everett, and you can then put Rowand and Harris in CF. Trade Konerko, and you free up $8 mill a year, and you free up a spot for Dauber to get into the lineup consistently.

If we do trade those two, I'll say yes, they do win. If not, I say no, they don't.

Anaheim might be an accurate comparison to the Royals, but that 2001 DBacks team had a TON of veterans with playoff experience, and a MAJOR difference in the 1-2 punch on the mound.

That said, the longer the Royals stay in 1st, the more they're gonna feel like they belong there, and play that way as a result.

( Exception, of course.....'69 Cubs......anything can happen.... )

Do I think the Sox will catch KC? Honestly, no. Too inconsistent, and it would take a REALLY good second half AND a major dropoff by the Royals.

How about the 2000 Chicago White Sox for a comparison???

Everyone kept expecting the White Sox to find reality, but they never did (until the playoffs, of course).