hey, no kidding on this one

IndySoxFan

Anaheim might be an accurate comparison to the Royals, but that 2001 DBacks team had a TON of veterans with playoff experience, and a MAJOR difference in the 1-2 punch on the mound.

That said, the longer the Royals stay in 1st, the more they're gonna feel like they belong there, and play that way as a result.

( Exception, of course.....'69 Cubs......anything can happen.... )

Do I think the Sox will catch KC? Honestly, no. Too inconsistent, and it would take a REALLY good second half AND a major dropoff by the Royals.

How about the 2000 Chicago White Sox for a comparison???

Everyone kept expecting the White Sox to find reality, but they never did (until the playoffs, of course).

Agreed. I remember always hearing how the Sox were going to fold etc from the rest of the media, but if you actually watched the Sox play, you know their was absolutely know chance of that happening.

With the Royals they had a huge slide and everyone thought they were done and then they went back on a hot streak and won like 16 out of 20.

They've proven they are the team to beat right now. I don't have a clue whether they will fall, but the Sox are gonna have to win. They need at least 87 wins in my opinion and as sad as that sounds, I think that gets ya the division.

Sox need to worry about themselves and take care of business. I do think the Royals are a good team, you don't go this far with their record. They definately have holes, but they are well managed and never give up.