any chance KW revives the Peavy trade?

Lemon_44

If Peavy comes back and gets a few productive starts in prior to the trade deadline do you think KW again tries to land him? I don't know if the price tag has changed because Richard and Poreda have both pitched pretty well for the most part. Richard has struggled a little bit lately but he has shown he can be a viable starter down the road. SD is 15 games out and already just playing out the string. I think a top of the line starter is what KW wants, who doesn't?, and it looks like that could put the Sox over the hump. Out of the usual suspects, Peavy,Oswalt, Haren,Bedard,and Cain, Jake is probably the most attainable unless SF goes on a monstrous downturn and Cain becomes available but that's not likely.Houston is only 4 out and Oswalt probably isn't going anywhere. There's probably no return for Brandon Webb anytime soon.Other's that come to mind, maybe the Sox try and swing a deal for Zambrano, weren't the Sox rumored to be after Lannan last year? Also, has Ben Sheets's arm officially fallen off or is he is out there rehabbing somehwere?

I think Sheets will wind up with the Rangers once he gets healthy, but I wouldn't go anywhere near that.

I also strongly doubt Williams will go near Peavy again. It's been about a month since that all went down, and Peavy's been injured since, so there's probably little interest in that unless the asking price has come significantly down.

Didn't you see what Peavy wanted to waive his NTC to come here? Guaranteed 4th at 22 zillion dollars + an opt out clause. This isn't even an issue worth talking about. Screw Peavy.

Also, why do we need another SP right now? All our guys are pitching pretty well.

Edited by kwolf68

QUOTE (wilmot825 @ Jun 30, 2009 -> 11:49 PM)
Honestly, I do think it will get brought up again and Jake will have second thoughts...I think Jake Peavy might be in a Sox uniform.

LOL. Jake does NOT want to pitch for the White Sox Or in the American League. He's already turned down deals to both the White Sox and Red Sox. How many times does this guy have to say this for people to quit worrying with it?

Peavy is the worst possible target at this point. I think we have the starting pitching that can win this division right now. Will we hit enough to win? That's my only concern.

I would rather see us look at another RHP via trade or free agency. But as I have said in other threads maybe something will happen before the trade deadline. Peavy is now a risk and honestly I don't think he is worth the money with his performance away from Petco park and his reluctance to pitch in the AL.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 1, 2009 -> 01:43 AM)
FWIW, Arizona said they aren't dealing Haren unless they are absolutely blown away.

I wonder what the Angels were offering? AZ should be in rebuilding mode and could get an aweful lot by trading Haren. But I guess its similar to our 2007 season when KW opted not to trade Buerhle during the teams worst season of this decade.

Do we want a pitcher that is hurt?

Do we want a pitcher that doesn't want to pitch for us?

Do we want a pitcher that has never pitched for an AL team?

Because Peavy is all three of those. I would have liked the trade initially if he hadn't turned us down, but I lost a little respect for him. Now that he's hurt for an extended and uncertain amount of time, no thank you.

Edited by ObamaKnowsBest

It may be worth blowing them away.

I have a similar thread going about a front line starting RHP for the no 1 or 2 spot in the rotation. As much as I would love to get and drool over Haren it starts with a package (In my humble estimation) of Poreda/Richard/Allen and then maybe 2 other AA prospects. Peavy is not worth the risk anymore. But Haren certainly is but I doubt very highly that AZ lets him go. He is a cornerstone on which to build the rotation on.

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Jul 1, 2009 -> 08:35 AM)
I wonder what the Angels were offering? AZ should be in rebuilding mode and could get an aweful lot by trading Haren. But I guess its similar to our 2007 season when KW opted not to trade Buerhle during the teams worst season of this decade.

Different situations. Buehrle was a free agent after that season(before we re-signed him, obviously), Haren is signed for a long time still. The DBacks should be building around him, not trading him, unless of course they're absolutely blown away by an offer.