Your Values

DC23MVP

Where do you place your money? In some cases, people value big houses, others value expensive cars, while others value land. I'm curious to know, where do you place your money? If you aren't at an age where you would buy those things, as I'm sure is the case for many, where do you think you would place it?

I have some money in stocks but with everything going on in the economy, I am keeping a close eye on things. I would like to buy a Porsche in the next 6-8 months, but that's a big shot. What about you guys?

QUOTE (DC23MVP @ Jul 18, 2009 -> 02:57 PM)
Nice, I have some money in CD accounts. What interest rate are you receiving?

Just between 2 and 3%, nothing stellar, nothing long-term. I'd love to be able to transfer some of that in to real estate later this year if I can line up a more permanent position. Right now I'm going for stability and reasonably liquid cash amounts.

Until the latter part of '08, all my money was in an online savings account earning 3-6%. After that, I moved about 80-90% of it into the stock market and took out a loan to get my car (almost as fast as santo's Vette, unless he has a Z06)

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Jul 18, 2009 -> 04:48 PM)
Own a condo with super cheap mortgage. No car payments on the Corvette or Cadillac. 6% of the check goes into 401k. The rest sits in a savings account with occasional extra payments on the condo loan.

We're twins.

If i get this new job I'm hoping to get, I will be making more and will probably do something else.

Until the latter part of '08, all my money was in an online savings account earning 3-6%. After that, I moved about 80-90% of it into the stock market and took out a loan to get my car (almost as fast as santo's Vette, unless he has a Z06)

I never got around to installing my Vararam kit that would boost it up 40HP, so it's still around 350 HP.

I should said this Tug McGraw quote (on his WS bonus) as my first post:

90% I'll spend on good times, women and Irish Whiskey. The other 10% I'll probably waste