Thomas and Bagwell

Carlo Paz

I heard on the radio yesterday that Frank Thomas and Jeff Bagwell have the same date of birth.  It's amazing how similar their career numbers are, especially if you figure in Thomas' lost season.

Here's a link to their stats (if anyone cares).

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb...e.x=&statSet1=1

You're a couple days late -- we talked about this the day after Bagwell hit #400. But yes, their numbers are extremely similar.

Frank has had some injuries in his career, no doubt. But, keep in mind that Jeff Bagwell has broken his had 2-3 times and missed quite a few games as a result. Frank's probably missed more, but Bags certainly hasn't had an injury-free career.

BTW, that reminds me -- what ever happened to that poster baggio? Did he leave and I missed something?

Must have been those freak triples! When the ball bounces off the tip-top of the wall and then rools all the way to 1st base! OR whehe hits a pop-up 10 miles in the sky and the 2nd baseman loses it when its coming down! OR.....I can go on and on!

Must have been those freak triples! When the ball bounces off the tip-top of the wall and then rools all the way to 1st base! OR whehe hits a pop-up 10 miles in the sky and the 2nd baseman loses it when its coming down! OR.....I can go on and on!

If you take a look at some footage of Frank from like 1991 or 1992 (or take a look at some of his cards), he used to have a different body. He wasn't as bulky/fat. He had 7 steals one season. :D

Back to Frank. After seeing the replay of his long home run in the first inning Tuesday for about the eighth time, it was obvious that Frank really kept his head down on the ball all the way. Even after his follow through his head was down. It was the best swing from Frank I have seen in a long time. That type of swing was routine ten years ago.