Anyone going to the games in Minneapolis?

djcollie03

Whatever you do, don't wear a Pierzynski jersey to the dome! Apparently Pierzynski being traded to the Giants for Nathan and Liriano, while making room for Mauer to play, is some sort of affront to their god.

Last series guy behind me shot-off his mouth the whole game, and justified his childish behavior because I dared wear #12.

f***ing stupid Twins fans.

/rant

I had the t-shirt out and ready to pack last night when sanity prevailed. I'll still show off the team colors - road jersey and cap but, figured the AJ shirt should stay home. The crowd was fairly docile at the game I went to with no rooting interest. We'll see what kind of abuse I take tonight and tomorrow. Let's hope we get 2 of 3.

A few thoughts on the experience last night. First off, the Metrodome is LOUD - even being only 2/3 full. The roof makes everything echo and makes the PA system a muddy mess. The stadium is a pretty dismal baseball experience with or without the Sox mistakes. I can't imagine wanting to go to many games if I lived in Minny. Target Field looks amazing and the Twins are in countdown mode to get outside. I'm sure the entire Soxtalk board is also on the countdown.

As for the fans, there were a few hecklers but, for the most part everyone behaved. I was able to scalp a ticket 9th row just past 1st base for pretty cheap. Perfect location to watch the Sox defensive miscues. The majority of fans seemed unaware of the Sox issues in the dome. I did have one woman behind me that screeched the Twins players names constantly throughout the game... started to wear on me a bit as we made mistakes. The place exploded when Spann caught the ball at the wall and Beckham would have needed crazy concentration to get anything out of that last at bat.

All in all, the game was exactly what I expected. Sox derail themselves at the dome once again. Felix, I'll be back again tonight so PM if you want to meet up.