The USCF experience

Cazzball

Ok, I apologize if this is in the wrong area but I really am not sure where else to post this.

First off, I love coming here several times a day and reading all of your thoughts on our chisox, it really is awesome. Living in central, NY there is 1 other chisox fan that i know of. So it's nice to read it here.

Basically whats going down is for the first time since i was 4, i've been able to save up enough to make the trek to USCF for the Red Sox series. I'm 23 now, been a bit. So my question to you, is what is the best way to go as far as tix? If you have upper deck tix are you allowed to roam around before the game on the lower levels? Or is security pretty tight? What are some must see's out your way as far as either in the stadium, or around the stadium? I obviously have the Konerko, and Pods seat, and THE CATCH as must sees, as well as the picnic area. But other than that, what other areas are suggested spots, and are the players accessible before the game as they go in the stadium? or during warmups? etc etc.

thanks again for any help!

Yes, you should get lower-deck tickets for access there. I like the left-field seats behind the bullpen. They're almost as cheap as the bleachers and are a nice place to watch the game and check out the bullpen goings-on.

Wow—if I was only going to one game and had to pick two food items, that would be hard. The Polish and onions is classic, the Italian beef is pretty good and where else but the ballpark are you going to get a good corndog? And there are also options like the steak pita and Connie's pizza. Just don't eat that day until you get there :-)

Yes, go early for batting practice and a chance for autographs. And if you want some White Sox gear, get down there an hour or so before you plan on going into the ballpark and take a five-minute walk west on 35th to Grandstand Sports. They have more Sox gear than anyone and you'll get better prices there than at the ballpark.

Food Wise its awesome. I love the elotes corn (off the cob), the Cheese Quesadillas are great, loaded with stuff and only $2.75. I also like the new burrito/fajita stand as well as the Italian beef with the spice curly fries. Damn good stuff. If u are staying dtown or with a friend somewhere in the city make sure to take the red line to the game so u can drink. Thought if ur driving thats cool too, plenty of tailgating in the lots before the game. Get ur ticket in the lower deck, anywhere. Spend some time walking and wondering the outfield concourse, cool gathering areas, views, fan decks, statues, good food.

If you have an Upper Deck ticket from a Season Ticketholder, you can access the lower deck and stay down there the whole time if you wish.

You can check the "Ticket Exchange" area on soxtalk.com if a season ticketholder is selling for that game. Also, you can check craigslist.com, ebay or stubhub.

Regardless, since you are in NY, it may be an option for you to explore once you get into town. Or else negotiate/discuss well in advance with the other party.

Grab yourself a Italian sausage with Giardiniera - no gravy though, polish w/ onions, and a jumbo hot dog. Maybe a nacho with cheese and salsa or a Connies. Watch an inning from the fan deck and put down some beers. Nothing beats the Cell.

Just the scent when you walk in of the polish and onions cooking on the grill is enough to make any man go from 6 to midnight.

Edited by Pumpkin Escobar

thanks alot guys. especially for the tickets tip off.

both yankees stadiums, and fenway (2 stadiums i visit the most) are amazing, but as a sox fan, i'm sure nothing compares to the cell. I'm giddy thinking about it lol