A Rumor that is

LDF

Hasn't Giles been playing more LF than CF lately? We need a Prototypical CFer...a guy with speed, and good baserunning instincts...NOT someone who tries to pull the ball and hit it out...HRs are not what we need from a leadoff hitter.

we do need a cf'er but like olvio at cat, we can give up something by keeping everett in cf/

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I LOVE the way Carl plays the game, but still not sold on his ability to play CF consistently..I have been all for trading CLee for a while, but right now I have no faults with anyone on the team, 'cept for our long reliever.

Hasn't Giles been playing more LF than CF lately? We need a Prototypical CFer...a guy with speed, and good baserunning instincts...NOT someone who tries to pull the ball and hit it out...HRs are not what we need from a leadoff hitter.

Not that it matters, because Giles ain't comming, but Alomar hasn't looked bad as a lead off, in a small sample size, our lead off guy, doesn't have to be a cf'r.

I LOVE the way Carl plays the game, but still not sold on his ability to play CF consistently..I have been all for trading CLee for a while, but right now I have no faults with anyone on the team, 'cept for our long reliever.

giles comes on board, clee is trade bait.

i have been for trading clee, but i have saw a huge improvement in him this yr.

i can;t believe i am saying this.

The other option if you get Giles and want to keep Lee is moving Everett or moving PK or Thomas with Lee DH'ing along with Everett.

i keep telling everybody who wants to listen, sd is the place, they need a marque player and we sure can use one of their pitching prospect. :D

i keep telling everybody who wants to listen, sd is the place, they need a marque player and we sure can use one of their pitching prospect.  :D

We don't need prospects right now. We need proven quality major leaguers.

i keep telling everybody who wants to listen, sd is the place, they need a marque player and we sure can use one of their pitching prospect.  :D

But to take Konerko they need to move Klesko or someone.

I'd say the only shot is to market him to the Orioles for Ponson. He's showing signs of becoming a force again, and the Sox still have Lee who I'd be just as happy with as having Konerko.

The thing is, Everett won't be here next year...and we'll need CLee or whoever we are gonna play in LF....Jason, what does Jeremy Reed play in the outfield?

Reed plays center. I see him as a Darrin Erstad clone and I guess Backman now sees him in that light too.

Erstad would be a heck of a Left fielder. He can also play right. He would play all very good.

My thought is Kendall can play left next season while they wait for Reed/Borchard and they also have Lee who could play some games there as well.

We could move Giles to LF next year, and let Rowand/Harris handle CF.  Aaron Rowand is going to be a good ballplayer, mark my words on that.

Again, we agree....that was the only bad thing that came out of the Everett trade.....Rowand was really starting to look good in CF, had his bat going, then he is given a seat on the bench...I like Rowand, and he really shoulda got his shot all year this year.

phillips, peavy, perez are all in the majors, and can be had.

jas, sd needs marque players in the of, 3b.

I don't want any of the Pads prospects. Other then Khalil Greene or someone like Xavier Nady. Peavy is damn good too.

Sox need guys that can help this team win.

Again, we agree....that was the only bad thing that came out of the Everett trade.....Rowand was really starting to look good in CF, had his bat going, then he is given a seat on the bench...I like Rowand, and he really shoulda got his shot all year this year.

rowand is trade bait, he is a limited player.

perez from sd has great stuff and can help us now with peavy and phillips.

I don't want any of the Pads prospects. Other then Khalil Greene or someone like Xavier Nady. Peavy is damn good too.

BOOOOO!!! No more of that name Jason, Khalil Greene.....we've been over this before. I am content with the team as is....would like to get someone to take over at SS next year, not someone overpaid and getting older....face it, with these moves we have made, we became a lot older team than we were, and that was one thing that made this team so good...the fact that they were so young, and had a chance to be together for a while.

BOOOOO!!! No more of that name Jason, Khalil Greene.....we've been over this before. I am content with the team as is....would like to get someone to take over at SS next year, not someone overpaid and getting older....face it, with these moves we have made, we became a lot older team than we were, and that was one thing that made this team so good...the fact that they were so young, and had a chance to be together for a while.

but a lot them will walk at season end.

if i was gm for this last several months, i would be hell on wheels, i would trade for ponson and escobar, get peavy and perez from the sd and giles.

i would trade, clee and garland, rowand with many of our 2 teir pitching prospect which incluse wing and rauch. i would also trade andy gonzales the ss and webster if tx didn't take him.

i would even consider trading colon if i can get the lion share of the trade from sfo.

we need to win now. i am tired of waiting.

if i was gm for this last several months, i would be hell on wheels, i would trade for ponson and escobar, get peavy and perez from the sd and giles.

i would trade, clee and garland, rowand with many of our 2 teir pitching prospect which incluse wing and rauch. i would also trade andy gonzales the ss and webster if tx didn't take him.

i would even consider trading colon if i can get the lion share of the trade from sfo.

You complain about Koch, and you want Escobar?? That guy has some serious control issues sometimes. A whip over 1.5, an ERA at 4.50, and he has been HORRENDOUS at home this year, with an ERA over 7.00 and a WHIP near 2.00!!! Thats no improvement to me.

You complain about Koch, and you want Escobar?? That guy has some serious control issues sometimes. A whip over 1.5, an ERA at 4.50, and he has been HORRENDOUS at home this year, with an ERA over 7.00 and a WHIP near 2.00!!! Thats no improvement to me.

ok, you got me on that. i was thinking of using him as a rp and not as a starter