Anyone else here scared of these next 20 up and coming games?

whitesoxgt

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Aug 24, 2009 -> 07:22 AM)
I'm not really scared because it isn't as if we're in first and trying to hold off a charging team. We have been inconsistent and underachieved for the majority of the year. If we have a great stretch here with these games I am confident we will be in the playoffs. If we falter, it's b/c we didn't deserve it and we'll have to look towards 2010.

Uh...... don't look now people...... but there's another team in this division that just won 5 of their last 6, is now only 4.5 games back, has an extremely easy remaining schedule against near or below .500 teams (which they typically do what they're supposed to against) having already finished up with LAA, NYY, and BOS, plays us at home for an automatic 3 game gain on the Sox, and finishes against KC at home, not to mention they're putting up about twice as many runs per game as we are to make up for any pitching issues they might have.

the current division leader plays us 6 more times and has 10 games remaining against TB and LAA

the talking heads have said very little about MIN, but here's a prediction, when they sneak up and take this division in the final week, don't say you weren't warned, it's not like they haven't done this a few times before

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Aug 23, 2009 -> 06:47 PM)
I am scared that Ozzie won't move Dye from the 3 hole and Quentin into it, until its way too late.

Oz does seem to be a little too complacent. Is .500 ball good enough for him ? The lineup needs a major shake up or shake out. I'd love to see Beckham at 3 and Q at 4. Maybe AJ back in the 2 hole or even Alexei or Rios. Beckham seems at his best with men on base so give the kid a shot be fore we slide into oblivion.

QUOTE (CSF @ Aug 24, 2009 -> 11:38 AM)
Besides, the Sox seem to play up to the level of their competition, so maybe they come in focused & ready. Though it would be nice to play that way vs. some of the also-rans as well.

funny how much this line being used on this board due to what we did AT HOME against LAA, NYY, TB

we'll see how this works out when we're playing in their park........and with a completely Mendoza'd PK and Dye

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Aug 24, 2009 -> 01:47 PM)
I've always thought that whoever makes the schedule for the AL central is a twins fan who hates the Sox.

Well, yes, it usually seems we are playing them on the road to end up the season...

On the other hand, they were really wiped out psychologically and drained by that 20+ game road swing caused by the GOP convention...they actually didn't play horribly, overall, but the it exposed some holes in their short relief and bullpen, Nathan was even human last year. So I guess we should thank McCain, Bush and Gl. Beck, but not the schedulemakers in this instance. (And it's not their fault we are .500 against KC, CLE and BALT, either).

Still, they had the Royals the final weekend of the season (those rivals in the division who are mathematically eliminated and playing loosey-goosey are always tough outs) and couldn't close the door, particularly Mr. Liriano, whose career has gone off the side of a cliff.