Rammy

GASHWOUND

Where can i find out how much Ram I have used and how much MB I have left of the 256MB I started out with..

Also, what sorta or what kind of video card do you have to have to play PC games on ol' computer?

The one that's on mine is a.....Integrated Intel. Extreme 3D graphics card...

I don't think that's all that powerful to play games like GTA on it..probaly only chess or something like that.. :rolleyes:

anyway, if you wanted to upgrade your video card how would you do that?

thanks

Where can i find out how much Ram I have used and how much MB I have left of the 256MB I started out with..

Also, what sorta or what kind of video card do you have to have to play PC games on ol' computer?

I don't think that's all that powerful to play games like GTA on it..probaly only chess or something like that.. :rolleyes:

thanks

RAM gets cleared everytime you reset. If you have Windows XP, you can hit alt + ctrl + delete and do task manager to check your memory usage at the moment under the Performance tab (Physical Memory).

I have that Extreme Graphics card too, it came with my computer and I haven't gotten around to replacing it with something better. It actually holds up alright with GTA 3. Other stuff like Medal of Honor: Allied Assault and Morrowind worked pretty well, maybe my processor had something to do with it cause it's relatively new, though not obscenely fast.

As far as replacing your video card. Physically you just take the old one out of the motherboard and put in the new one, but you have to be careful with video cards and their drivers cause doing it wrong could screw up your computer.

thanks

RAM gets cleared everytime you reset. If you have Windows XP, you can hit alt + ctrl + delete and do task manager to check your memory usage at the moment under the Performance tab (Physical Memory).

I have that Extreme Graphics card too, it came with my computer and I haven't gotten around to replacing it with something better. It actually holds up alright with GTA 3. Other stuff like Medal of Honor: Allied Assault and Morrowind worked pretty well, maybe my processor had something to do with it cause it's relatively new, though not obscenely fast.

As far as replacing your video card. Physically you just take the old one out of the motherboard and put in the new one, but you have to be careful with video cards and their drivers cause doing it wrong could screw up your computer.

I've seen this a bumch of times but never understood what it meant..

under Physical Memory(K) it reads...

TOTAL 260592

Available "the #'s are changing around, but it's between" 54100-5500

System Cache 110380(around there)

What the hell does that mean? :huh:

TOTAL 260592

Available is how much memory you have available for use at the moment. Cache is how much is being used by stuff (internet explorer, winamp, etc.).

As for why the two don't add up to equal the total physical memory, well that I just don't know.

TOTAL 260592

Available is how much memory you have available for use at the moment. Cache is how much is being used by stuff (internet explorer, winamp, etc.).

As for why the two don't add up to equal the total physical memory, well that I just don't know.

Alright, but what does 54100 or whatver in available memeory does that mean...Is that 54100 Kbs, MB..or what...

TOTAL 260592

Alright, but what does 54100 or whatver in available memeory does that mean...Is that 54100 Kbs, MB..or what...

54100 kbs would be like 54 thousand-thousand bytes, or 54 million bytes, or 54 megabytes.

Cache is how much is being used by stuff (internet explorer, winamp, etc.).

Cache usage is how much virtual memory is being used. It is information stored on your HD swap file and not in the RAM.

thanks

very good and i am really impress with your knowledge,

if you don't have xp gash, look in to system section in the tool bar.

if you have norton system work it will give you that info as well/

in xp you can assign a % of your ram to a special program thus allowing you other ram to run other things as well.

if you have a big computer you can do that with a program call VM.

Btw I dled this program called Hare from Dachshund that lets me defragment my RAM. Basically instead of restarting your computer u can just right click on the icon and defrag and your computer will be fresh like you just restarted. It is shareware I think but I was able to get myself a full version. It is one of my favorite programs.