Minor League Boxes for Friday

Rex Hudler

supposedly........ but not with a lot of control..    he was a project coming out of HS in Arkansas, if i recall correctly

Okay, I thought that was him. He have any other pitches that you know about?

Okay, I thought that was him. He have any other pitches that you know about?

This is all I could dig up..... Looks like he had a prety good year in Bristol last year, sans too many walks, so I am not sure why he is playing short-season rookie for a 3rd year... He is also listed at 6-7 260

CAREER PITCHING RECORD

YR CLUB LG Class W-L .PCT ERA G GS CG SHO GF SV IP H AB TBF R ER HR SH SF HB BB IB SO WP BK AVG AGAINST

01 White Sox ARIZ R 4-4 .500 3.10 13 13 0 0 0 0 58.0 56 226 277 46 20 2 1 6 10 34 0 53 6 3 .248

02 Bristol APPY R 3-0 1.000 2.44 12 12 0 0 0 0 55.1 38 194 236 23 15 2 0 2 3 37 0 44 6 1 .196

This is all I could dig up..... Looks like he had a prety good year in Bristol last year, sans too many walks, so I am not sure why he is playing short-season rookie for a 3rd year...  He is also listed at 6-7 260

CAREER PITCHING RECORD

YR CLUB        LG    Class W-L    .PCT ERA  G GS CG SHO GF SV    IP H  AB TBF R  ER HR SH SF HB  BB IB  SO WP BK  AVG AGAINST

01 White Sox ARIZ    R 4-4 .500  3.10 13 13  0 0  0  0  58.0  56 226 277  46  20  2  1  6 10  34  0  53  6  3  .248 

02 Bristol  APPY    R 3-0  1.000  2.44 12 12  0 0  0  0  55.1  38 194 236  23  15  2  0  2  3  37  0  44  6  1  .196

Thanks for the info Rex.

6-7 260?! He's a Big Boy from the South.

Lubisich....... 6-2, 190...... 24 yrs old.. Repeating Low A

CAREER PITCHING RECORD

YR CLUB LG Class W-L .PCT ERA G GS CG SHO GF SV IP H AB TBF R ER HR SH SF HB BB IB SO WP BK AVG AGAINST

01 Bristol APPY R 5-2 .714 2.83 11 11 2 1 0 0 70.0 65 255 274 26 22 2 2 3 2 12 0 49 0 2 .255

02 Kannapolis SAL A 9-3 .750 2.79 34 13 2 1 7 0 122.2 123 464 505 45 38 3 6 6 3 26 2 81 2 0 .265

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MINOR LEAGUE TOTALS 14 .737 2.80 24 2 0 188 779 60 8 5 2 2

5 45 4 7 192.2 719 71 5 9 38 130 2

Stumm is supposed to still have fantastic velocity and from what I remember his era has been in the 1's pretty much all season until yesterday.

Sox have been incredibly careful with him and they are slowly working up his workload. Next year he'll be more of a regular use guy and maybe just maybe in two years he'll be up in Chicago (thats a huge maybe; I'd say with all the injuries the Sox move him slow and he's up here in 3 years and thats if he stays healthy).

One more injury and I'd say he's done.

Stumm is supposed to still have fantastic velocity and from what I remember his era has been in the 1's pretty much all season until yesterday.

Sox have been incredibly careful with him and they are slowly working up his workload.  Next year he'll be more of a regular use guy and maybe just maybe in two years he'll be up in Chicago (thats a huge maybe; I'd say with all the injuries the Sox move him slow and he's up here in 3 years and thats if he stays healthy).

One more injury and I'd say he's done.

one more injury he might be another lorenzo barcelo.

but if he recovers, wow he will be a great #2 or 3 sp. i can't wait.

people, yes he is that good.

I don't see the Sox protectecting Stumm on the 40 man roster, so he might get picked up by some other team. We seem jinxed with our number 1 draft picks. Our # 1's who did well were drafted a loooong time ago: Frank, Robin, Alex F, Black Jack. In recent years, the only guy to stick in the bigs has been the catcher Mark Johnson. Am I missing someone?

I don't see the Sox protectecting Stumm on the 40 man roster, so he might get picked up by some other team.  We seem jinxed with our number 1 draft picks.  Our # 1's who did well were drafted a loooong time ago:  Frank, Robin, Alex F, Black Jack.  In recent years, the only guy to stick in the bigs has been the catcher Mark Johnson.  Am I missing someone?

I definitely see Stumm as a guy the Sox will protect.

They say he just has nasty stuff and if he stays healthy the sky is the limit for him. He has just had lots of bad luck.

Lubisich did voluntarily retire, he was pissed due to no promotion after fine year in Kanny last season, he has been back at least a month or more, he is proving he deserves to pitch in high A ball.

June 13 was his first start this year.

Porblem is Winson-Salem has been jammed with guys who are ahead of him and with some guys who could have or should have been in AA by now. Honel, Wing, Francisco, Allen and Phillips are all guys that could be ready to move up. Phillips was supposed to start the season in AA and Allen was considered for spot until late in camp. The other guys have pitched really well and moved ahead of those two.

Well with Francisco and Rupe gone, some people are gonna be moving around. 

I wonder who replaces Webster?

hard to say..... with Anderson down and Sweeney not playing the last couple of nights, who knows.... one would think they might push Nanita...

I believe Purvis is going to move into the Winston rotation to get some regular work. Wylie could be in position to move up soon. He seems to be getting back to where he was and he is now off pitch counts. Threw 112 last night, coming one out from a complete game.

Well with Francisco and Rupe gone, some people are gonna be moving around. 

I wonder who replaces Webster?

hard to say..... with Anderson down and Sweeney not playing the last couple of nights, who knows.... one would think they might push Nanita...

I believe Purvis is going to move into the Winston rotation to get some regular work. Wylie could be in position to move up soon. He seems to be getting back to where he was and he is now off pitch counts. Threw 112 last night, coming one out from a complete game.

the way nanita been hitting, i would think that they would take a chance on him first and see if he can handle the move.

i think he just might be able to. wow where did guy come from and why did he last soooooo long in the draft.