Season Ticket Holders - Seat Upgrades?

chiguy79

QUOTE (chiguy79 @ Jan 6, 2010 -> 09:39 AM)
Just checking in, I spoke to my ticket agent he said they were just starting to look at seat upgrades, based on my prior experience it seems later in the year so thought I would check in with what others have heard.

My experience has been that my ticket rep has done nothing for me, ever, in this area...and I have asked for 3 years in a row.

I sent a note to my rep a few weeks ago. We have the 27-game weekday plan, and asked to go full season in the same location, if they weekenders in our same seats don't renew. She said they'd be looking at it in January, but I haven't heard back.

We made the same request the last two seasons, never got anywhere, but I'd think we will eventually if the weekenders drop out.

But I wouldn't want to move seats, as we are in pretty much the perfect spot in our price range - front row UD, right above 1B.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 6, 2010 -> 10:19 AM)
I've made the request several years in a row now to no avail.

Well, I called up and demanded a new rep...and I expect to get something done. I'm not as concerned about upgrade, as I am in moving to the Sox side of the field. I would hope that the $20,000 + I spent there for my wedding, might get something done. Otherwise, this might be my last year buying season tix.

QUOTE (tonyho7476 @ Jan 6, 2010 -> 10:55 AM)
Well, I called up and demanded a new rep...and I expect to get something done. I'm not as concerned about upgrade, as I am in moving to the Sox side of the field. I would hope that the $20,000 + I spent there for my wedding, might get something done. Otherwise, this might be my last year buying season tix.

I've only truly had one good rep in 7 years at this point. Pretty pathetic for the Sox.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jan 6, 2010 -> 12:20 PM)
Our rep's initials are NM (don't want to put specific names out here), and she's been fine. But we don't request much, so we really only deal with her for our annual request for going to full seasons. I've never had problems with any rep we've had.

I don't think my rep is bad...but I'm sick of getting the same f'ing response on tickets...its a canned e-mail that pretty much says 'F you'

Just to relate our experience, the old saying about catching more flies with honey might just apply in this case.

Now, when we were moving up it was a different time, possibly the reps had more influence over who got moved than they do now, and there certainly was less demand for season tickets in good locations than there is today. (Our family have been season ticket holders since 1974 so that didn't hurt either, but this was in the mid-'80s, so it wasn't just the time we had put in)

Anyways, what we did was pretty simple. We were really really nice to our ticket rep. At the holidays they were on our xmas card list, if they did us a favor during the season, or even if they had attempted to do us a favor we would send a nice note and a small gift basket or something like that. Anytime we had contact with them that involved more than just a couple of phone calls we were sure to follow up and say thanks or send a card. These small tokens of appreciation for their efforts, even seasons where they weren't able to move us up, kept us on the top of their minds. I'm sure they get all sorts of angry people talking to them all day about what they feel they are entitled to, so just being nice and making a little bit of extra effort just might pay off.

I'm not saying that people who have been season ticket holders should have to do that, or that it would even work today, but for a $1.99 card and the price of stamp, what can it hurt?

In 1980 we were sitting in 4 seats, one of which had that great "half baseball game/half steel girder" view. In 1988 we were sitting just a few rows up from the visitors on deck circle on the aisle(only 3 seats though). When the new stadium opened up, our rep held a set of 4 seats that were a few rows back from where we were and one section over because they thought we might be interested in getting our 4th seat back, and they were right. All in all, the relationship built up over those years paid off. We were lucky that our rep stayed in the organization all through that time, so who knows what would have happened if they had left (and they have since left), but I'm pretty sure that it didn't hurt our chances of being remembered when things became available.

(Waits to hear about the dozens of gift baskets that arrive at U.S. Cellular tomorrow)

QUOTE (tonyho7476 @ Jan 6, 2010 -> 01:08 PM)
Done...got to change sides of the field...moved two sections closer...and moved up 17 rows, for a better view. I was in row 2, but I hated the view. This will be much better.

It appears I may be moving up as well.

QUOTE (chwhtsox @ Jan 6, 2010 -> 01:20 PM)
How much are season tickets? generally, nothing fancy.

It depends heavily on what section you get them in. I'm not sure about upper deck seats, but I would guess any lower level seat (except the premium lower box and scout seats of course) is somewhere in the $2000-$2700 range per seat.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 6, 2010 -> 01:34 PM)
It appears I may be moving up as well.

I believe you were close up in the section too...I would much rather be in row 19, than row 2 or 3. Are you going to be around 115/116 still? I am now in 149.

QUOTE (tonyho7476 @ Jan 6, 2010 -> 02:03 PM)
I believe you were close up in the section too...I would much rather be in row 19, than row 2 or 3. Are you going to be around 115/116 still? I am now in 149.

I'm in 150 now, moving to 149 i think, havent pulled the trigger since I'll now be 4 seats off the aisle instead of 2

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 6, 2010 -> 02:26 PM)
I'm in 150 now, moving to 149 i think, havent pulled the trigger since I'll now be 4 seats off the aisle instead of 2

Did you two just email your reps now? I am considering following up with mine (I emailed originally a couple weeks ago), but don't want to harass her either.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jan 6, 2010 -> 02:27 PM)
Did you two just email your reps now? I am considering following up with mine (I emailed originally a couple weeks ago), but don't want to harass her either.

This morning I did. They are all holding seats now, I would call today.

I actually got pretty lucky this year.......my rep gave me a couple of options and it worked out pretty good. Over 4 years i was able to move to better locations every year.........last year i was 149 row 20 seats 9 and 10 ..........this year i am in 146 row 30 seats 1 and 2........so i am getting closer! lol when i started 4 years ago i was in 154 so 9 sections isnt too bad i guess.

QUOTE (spataro51 @ Jan 6, 2010 -> 03:12 PM)
I actually got pretty lucky this year.......my rep gave me a couple of options and it worked out pretty good. Over 4 years i was able to move to better locations every year.........last year i was 149 row 20 seats 9 and 10 ..........this year i am in 146 row 30 seats 1 and 2........so i am getting closer! lol when i started 4 years ago i was in 154 so 9 sections isnt too bad i guess.

Nice work, do you have split season? My goal is section 144 for splits.

I just moved up to section 149, row 11.

QUOTE (tonyho7476 @ Jan 6, 2010 -> 11:46 AM)
My experience has been that my ticket rep has done nothing for me, ever, in this area...and I have asked for 3 years in a row.

I dont really have a ticket rep, but one of my best friends works as such for the sox. It all depends on who you get, and believe there is no need to feel any loyalty. My friend is very good at what he does and has never let me or my family down with sox concerns. Have you thought about switching reps, do u want my friends name and info?

QUOTE (tonyho7476 @ Jan 6, 2010 -> 12:55 PM)

I would definatly hammer that point to oblivion if I were you, and perhaps CC the Sales Manager along with your rep when making that argument. No offense but believe me some ticket reps are simply inexperienced fresh out of school with a B.A. and have no clue what they are doing and how to actually develop business, something that most people is dependent on strong relationships.