It's cold outside

RockRaines

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jan 7, 2010 -> 09:05 AM)
If you like brands like Carhartt, and similar stuff - rugged, tough clothing - check out Duluth Trading Company. Great stuff to be had there, and serious warm weather gear. Not fluffy, pretty stuff.

Duluth Trading Company gear also lasts forever so it's worth the $.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jan 7, 2010 -> 01:29 AM)
I feel like everyone is in a uniform in Winter around Chicago. Everyone has black north face jackets. Hell I actually own one. I picked up a columbia last year just to be a bit different when my last North Face needed replacement. We are going to pick up the wife a new jacket at the end of the season ( when we usually buy our winter coats ). I will have to add Patagonia into the mix.

I was in a Target once and there was this group of people together and they all had on North Face jackets. They were just shopping, not part of any North Face promo team or something. It was odd.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 6, 2010 -> 07:06 PM)
Oh s***, flannel-lined jeans!!! WTF!!! How have I missed out on that technology?

They're comfy.

I also got some Red Wing boots this past year. Although they look verry nice and are made of quality materials, they're wayy pricey and they kill my Achilles tendons, one of which I ruptured a few years back :(

I bought some Timbos at about 1/4 the price and they're a whole lot easier on my feet and ankles/tendons right out the box...

I miss Chicago but certainly not the cold weather...I went out last night without a jacket or anything and these San Diegans were bundled up like they were in the north pole and it was in the 60's.

During the day with the sun it actually gets kinda hot and you see chicks in shorts :)

I'm similar as someone who posted earlier:

*plain black new balance shoes

*blue jeans

*t-shirt

*black hoodie (with hood on with a wool headband over the hood to keep my head warmer and to keep wind from blowing in my hood all over my head. sometimes I get so hot I have to take the headband off)

*black Croft and Barrow leather jacket (I wear this over the hoodie and I always wear it unzipped. This is the best jacket I've ever owned, and with a hoodie underneath it I'm sometimes very hot. Plus, I wear sunglasses to keep cold wind out of my eyes and some people told me I look like a narc. :-p)

*cheap 99-cent brown jersey gloves.