Who Thinks that the Sox

LDF

Guest hotsoxchick1
I think that if we don't trade for anyone or call someone up, we'll use Glover as the 5th starter and put Ginter in the bullpen.

thats what im thinking too......... ;)

I think that if we don't trade for anyone or call someone up, we'll use Glover as the 5th starter and put Ginter in the bullpen.

yeah but do you think ginter is starting material?

i think the pen is where he will help out the most.

:puke

What Heather you don't want your boyfriend Neal Cotts to get called up?

Boyfriend? LMFAO! He's a great guy, very nice to his fans, but we never dated.

Actually, Cotts may be a good choice when the rosters expand to 40 men. In September, we can do more "tinkering" with the pitching rotation until we get one that can lead us far.

I don't think it's happening either.  I don't think ANYTHING'S gonna be happening come Thursday's trading deadline.  KW's done a good job getting Robbie and Everett, but we DO need a 5th starter.  Hopefully Ginter will be ok in there.

Ginter won't start. If no trade, you will see someone from Charlotte or Birmingham. If a 5th starter is needed on Saturday, that be exactly four days rest for Cotts. I say that Wright, Cotts or Diaz are the likely choices, rather than Glover.

will make a trade for a 5th starter?

i really don't see it happening. i hope these young arms we been following will come foreward. i just feel like we might be rushing them like we did with rauch.

Bringing them up now wouldn't be rushing them, LDF. Starting them in the rotation next year could be. Starting them in the rotation while they are coming off an injury, would be.

Ginter won't start.  If no trade, you will see someone from Charlotte or Birmingham.  If a 5th starter is needed on Saturday, that be exactly four days rest for Cotts.  I say that Wright, Cotts or Diaz are the likely choices, rather than Glover.

Rex, I don't think that SEATTLE is exactly the kind of team you want to throw at a minor leaguer right away!

Guest hotsoxchick1
Ginter won't start.  If no trade, you will see someone from Charlotte or Birmingham.  If a 5th starter is needed on Saturday, that be exactly four days rest for Cotts.  I say that Wright, Cotts or Diaz are the likely choices, rather than Glover.

i dont think wright will be back up here.. and i dont see cotts coming anytime soon... hes still too wet behind the ears........glover is the only other choice i see.......

i really don't see it happening. i hope these young arms we been following will come foreward. i just feel like we might be rushing them like we did with rauch.

Bringing them up now wouldn't be rushing them, LDF. Starting them in the rotation next year could be. Starting them in the rotation while they are coming off an injury, would be.

really, i hope you are right.

i wonder if some would be able to handle the pressure.

rauch, cotts, diaz, how bout munoz?

Guest hotsoxchick1

really, i hope you are right.

i wonder if some would be able to handle the pressure.

rauch, cotts, diaz, how bout munoz?

lol id rather see kohlmeier........

Rex, I don't think that SEATTLE is exactly the kind of team you want to throw at a minor leaguer right away!

Why not? Seattle has struggled big time offensively lately. I'd rather stick a guy in there that has been having success as a regular starter than a guy who has been rotting away in the bullpen not getting regular work. Glover is no better than those other guys. He is definitely no better than Wright.

Why not?  Seattle has struggled big time offensively lately.  I'd rather stick a guy in there that has been having success as a regular starter than a guy who has been rotting away in the bullpen not getting regular work.  Glover is no better than those other guys.  He is definitely no better than Wright.

never thought of it that way................ i like it.

do you think a bad outing might kill their confidence?

No....... one outing isn't gonna kill a guy...... Most of these guys are tough enough to deal with that..... Hell, if they are not, then it is better to find out now.

No....... one outing isn't gonna kill a guy...... Most of these guys are tough enough to deal with that..... Hell, if they are not, then it is better to find out now.

again a great post............ i am ready, bring up the kids. i been high on a lot of them and i want to see them succeed.

f***ing a!!!!!!!!!!!!!

again a great post............ i am ready, bring up the kids. i been high on a lot of them and i want to see them succeed.

f***ing a!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This won't be popular, but I think Wright is the best option, depending on rest. Cotts goes Monday and if a 5th starter is needed on Saturday (going on what someone else posted, I haven't looked at the schedule) then he would be right on schedule.

Watch how he does tomorrow night and it may give you some insight. He is coming off by far his best outing of the year, so if he can double that up tomorrow night, he may be deemed ready. The only catch may be the 40-man roster issue. According to the Sox web site, they only have 38 players currently on Major League roster. If that is the case, then the only issue with bringing up Cotts is do they add him to the 40-man this early. If they are not confident he can be in Chicago next year and may need AAA time, then you are starting the MLB service time clock awfully early.

I did a little research last week and don't think I ever posted this... It comes from the "meaningless, yet somewhat interesting stat" category...

Before last Wednesday's start, Neal Cotts record was 8-4 with a 2.28 ERA. Anyone want to guess what Mark Buehrle's stats were with the Barons, when he was promoted to Chicago??

Yep, you guessed it....... 8-4, 2.28 ERA

Note: To show you how numbers can be deceiving... Cotts record now stands at 8-5, 2.30 ERA, yet he just came off his best outing of the year, by far.

I've been getting a sneaking feeling that were gonna see Cotts up here for the rest of the season and the Sox will bring up Wright just before the rosters expand and try him out in the pen. I also see them moving Porzio or someone else for someone like Mike Stanton. I think that will be their only move.