Nacho cheese

SouthsideDon48

QUOTE (qwerty @ Feb 1, 2010 -> 10:42 PM)
Gfs is basically wholesale that is open to the public. We used to go to the gfs on 78th and cicero (we owned a concession trailer for several years) and the cans ranged anywhere from $5.50 to $ 6.50. The price cannot be be beat anywhere, at least that has always been the case. There also is definitely no milk added.

I shop there often. GFS is much better than Walmart and costco in that they are cheaper and have some really odd but cool things there is also no sign up fee. Got myself a chef's cook overcoat/jacket and huge hat for halloween couple of year s back. The 5 gallon drum of Sweet Baby Ray's rocks.

They have the cheese in a one gallon can. I just bought one to make nachos for a party we were having. Warm it in the crock pot........ummmmmmm

Don if you go there you will look at at least one item and shake your head. The 5lb. can of cashews ususlly does it as well as the BBQ sauce.

Edited by Jenks Heat

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Feb 1, 2010 -> 10:45 PM)
Ach, I dream of being able to drop out of society for a couple months and just do the Key West thing. Then again, I make a$$less leather chaps looks good, so it's just something I hate to waste.

:unsure:

Actually all chaps are ass less. Its just whether you chose to wear pants under them or not.

I don't know why i'm explaining this.

Edited by GoSox05

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Feb 2, 2010 -> 03:19 PM)
Actually all chaps are ass less. Its just weather you chose to wear pants under them or not.

I don't know why i'm explaining this.

Because it is critically important information if I'm going to be taken at all seriously as the New Cowboy in the upcoming Village People Revival Tour auditions. . . ?

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Feb 2, 2010 -> 09:13 PM)
Because it is critically important information if I'm going to be taken at all seriously as the New Cowboy in the upcoming Village People Revival Tour auditions. . . ?

:lolhitting

QUOTE (SouthsideDon48 @ Feb 1, 2010 -> 03:05 PM)
You know the liquidy nacho cheese that comes with nachos at US Cellular Field and other places that serve typical nachos? Well, where in the world can you buy that nacho cheese?

The reason I ask is because everytime I make my taco salad, which is copied from my old high school's taco salad, I can't find the typical liquid-style nacho cheese in food stores.

The only liquid-style cheese I can find is some kind of mexican brand in a small mexcian food section at Jewel, but it doesn't taste anything like the nacho cheese that normally comes with nachos.

And even the people working at food stores has no idea where to find nacho cheese, what the hell? The only stuff they can think of is the typical cheese dip that you find in the chip aisle, which is nothing like nacho cheese.

So does anyone here have any idea where I can find nacho cheese without having to make it from scratch?

Melt some plastic. Bingo.