30 for 30

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 14, 2010 -> 09:45 PM)
Glad to see the series return. The Miller vs. Knicks thing tonight was great. I hated Starks growing up. I hated the Knicks in the 90's.

The footage and stories were great.

I couldn't watch it. I hated Miller and still hate the Knicks. Blah.

Just watched it today, that was a great show. Reminded me of how much I hated the Knicks during the 90s, especially Mason & Starks. The travelling Ewing got away with it on both of those last second shots was pretty ridiculous. Then again, in today's NBA, those would never be called either. I did really enjoy replay after replay after replay of Ewing missing the finger roll at the end of Game 7.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 17, 2010 -> 09:27 PM)
Just watched it today, that was a great show. Reminded me of how much I hated the Knicks during the 90s, especially Mason & Starks. The travelling Ewing got away with it on both of those last second shots was pretty ridiculous. Then again, in today's NBA, those would never be called either. I did really enjoy replay after replay after replay of Ewing missing the finger roll at the end of Game 7.

Even the day it happened, I remember seeing the fan behind him throw a towel at Ewing. Never got close but was funny.

Entertaining, but the whole seem rang hollow a little to me since they were glorifying this rivalry and at best one of these teams were the 2nd best team in the NBA during this stretch, but again, well done and kept me entertained.

30 for 30 has been very good, I'm the first one to rip on ESPN, so I want to give them kudos when they come through. The Jimmy the Greek one was excellent and I would say go out of your way to see the Len Bias one

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 3, 2010 -> 11:57 AM)
New on today at 3pm on ABC about Paul Westhead and Hank Gathers.

It was a great program. Thought they could have gone more in depth into what the details of "the system" but overall entertaining and touching at the end.

Overall these 30 for 30 pieces have been great, glad to see the use of outside filmmakers, which I think has helped keep ESPN's biased fingers off of them somewhat, although there is a whole film about the 04 ALCS coming up.

Just watched the rerun of the movie about the U. I liked it a lot, especially with all of the old players talking about what it was like. I had no idea that Miami was just a small private university with a joke of an athletic program until Sullenberger & Johnson turned it into the U in the late 70s/80s.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 11:17 AM)
"Trial of Allen Iverson" was ok. I try and stay away from the black vs. white arguements, no matter where they are involved. I never knew Iverson was in that type of trouble in high school.

I may be biased since Iverson's my 2nd favorite ball player ever, but I thought it was really good. What I found interesting was the different conspiracy theories that were going on around the town.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Apr 15, 2010 -> 09:17 PM)
I may be biased since Iverson's my 2nd favorite ball player ever, but I thought it was really good. What I found interesting was the different conspiracy theories that were going on around the town.

After Luc Longley right?

I enjoyed the Iverson 30 for 30. I remember reading the Sports Illistrated article when it happened. No doubt then or now he was given a crazy unfair sentence where race had everything to do with it. He was in the wrong like literally thousands of other high school kids unfortunatly are who get involved in a brawl ( what extent AI was is still uncertain) and deserved to be punished, but the sentence he and his 3 friends got nailed with was and still is inexcusable!

Edited by JuiceCruz16

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 10:45 AM)
Never really thought about where fantasy sports came from. Interesting.

They had a good article on the group of guys that started it in ESPN the magazine that I read. I dvr'd the 30 for30 but didn't get a chance to watch it yet.

Edited by JuiceCruz16

The fantasy sports episode was solid, but low budget.

I was actually in a league that mirrored the first one.

NL only, auction style with the draft in the commissioner's basement.

We put up money and had dollar values on the guys. We called each other for trades, called the commish on transactions and waited for the stat service to mail us stats and standings every week.

The league started in 1986 (I played from 1994-2004) and it's still going today.