Peavy in minor car accident; no injuries

tonyho7476

QUOTE (chisoxfan09 @ Mar 18, 2010 -> 12:10 AM)
He didn't pitch with any lingering effects from this accident. Really good to see. He is a game player.

Definitely. He's barely even been here, but his attitude already has him as one of my favorite current Sox players.

QUOTE (gatnom @ Mar 17, 2010 -> 11:24 PM)
Definitely. He's barely even been here, but his attitude already has him as one of my favorite current Sox players.

Cy Young Award aside, his attitude (especially carrying over from the end of last year) makes me really exited about him. Obviously we know he's a winner from his various accolades, but more importantly we know he's a true competitor. He could have 'mailed it in' on his few starts for us last year but he busted it to compete like it was the WS. Now he's showing that it wasn't just a show and he's out there showing the attitude and drive of a winner, and he's working harder than ever because he knows he's on a team that will compete. I love what he brings to this staff, and I feel his drive will be reflected throughout the team. Burls is an ace in his own right, but Peavy will be an out-spoken leader for the pitching staff and an emotional catalyst for the entire team, and I feel that will echo through the entire organization.