Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

MiddleCoastBias

Members
  1. I've been out of the loop and don't know what this is about. Can you share more?
  2. So I have really enjoyed Plesac on the calls, and I think he compliments Schriffen's style better than Stone does. But there's also a part of me that fears Plesac's schtick will get old once he's been here a while and we've heard all of his stories.
  3. One of the Dodgers' great strengths in recent years too. It's so big to be able to keep bats in the lineup and adapt. (Please disregard the billion dollars that they have also spent on contracts.)
  4. So I'm not sure if they actually announced to people who they were or had a crew with them, but it must have been so fun for them to have fun in anonymity running around and acting like fools without people recognizing them as baseball players. We see this as players having fun (which it is and is great!), but they might also see this as an opportunity to just be themselves and have fun without being recognized (in the moment). Happy for them, happy for this team.
  5. I'll also be in attendance tonight, Aura Pavilion 1B side. Let's gooo!
  6. But again, the "risk" is that Jerry or the org as a whole has to pay him next year too. That's it. We aren't giving up top projected talent. And he's had a consistent career of being aces with this year being a decided down year. There are countless players that have down year in the middle of a strong career. Hell, we tried to run Konerko out of town at one point. I would rather take on the risk of this year and next year's contract if it only means money. Yes, I'm assuming Ishbia is making more financial decisions here and it isn't all how Jerry has always worked, but one of these moves has to signal the transition to taking a risk on contracts rather than selling all of our prospects.
  7. I'm honestly shocked that people are clutching their pearls over 1. the money and the contracts! and 2. Seranthony has figured it out! It's not our money. I don't care if it costs a little bit more - we have so much more revenue this year from being good, Ishbia is writing checks now, and I don't care if Jerry loses money if it doesn't work out Someone else can be fooled into thinking Seranthony has figured it out. He's due way too much money to walk the first batter of every single relief appearance. This is a low risk move for us. Yes, Boston is a fun prospect to watch but that's the risk of trying to get better now. I like this move up and down.
  8. I'm glad that some other team has been fooled into thinking Seranthony has "restored his form" and taken him from us. He is who he has always been. Distinctly remember a Philly fan friend talking about how he'll give you a heart attack with his walks and keep you on a tightrope. I don't need that in our bullpen.
  9. LOVE this move. Seattle's SPs are stupid good, love their development over there. I would've taken any one of them, and the costs seems light.
  10. Is there another Colson in our org that I'm unaware of?
  11. Let's run this winning streak until we run out of world time zones to start the game thread.
  12. "Did somebody say move to Nashville?" - Reinsdorf

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.