Gammons on sportscenter

CWSOX45

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gammons says that the White Sox are talking to Cincinnati about Scott Williamson and about Aaron Boone.

Strange.

CWSOX45

Not really strange at all, IMO. We need bullpen help, and Crede isn't doing much of anything at 3B. Boone's hitting .275 with 18 HR and 65 RBI, and Williamson has an ERA of 3.19 with 21 saves and 53 K's in 42.3 IP.

Gammons says that the White Sox are talking to Cincinnati about Scott Williamson and about Aaron Boone.

Strange.

CWSOX45

Not really strange at all, IMO. We need bullpen help, and Crede isn't doing much of anything at 3B. Boone's hitting .275 with 18 HR and 65 RBI, and Williamson has an ERA of 3.19 with 21 saves and 53 K's in 42.3 IP.

Crede is fine at third, the Reds are probably only interested in minor leaguers. We can't afford to give up much more at our minor league level.

Williamson would be a solid addition, but I still think we can get Jarvis from San Diego and not Aaron Boone.

CWSOX45

Strange.

CWSOX45

Crede is fine at third, the Reds are probably only interested in minor leaguers. We can't afford to give up much more at our minor league level.

Williamson would be a solid addition, but I still think we can get Jarvis from San Diego and not Aaron Boone.

CWSOX45

A .226 BA and .280 OBP is "fine"? :huh:

I'm not saying give up on him by any stretch, but perhaps some time in the minors will remind him how to swing the bat.

Strange.

CWSOX45

CWSOX45

I'm not saying give up on him by any stretch, but perhaps some time in the minors will remind him how to swing the bat.

I want to keep Crede up here, he has been terrific defensively. His average is improving also with runners in scoring position.

Last year Crede got hot in August, history should repeat itself.

If we get Boone fine, just as long as Kenny doesn't give away Reed and other future stars.

CWSOX45

IF Crede is the swinger in this deal I'd give him up.  Boone will be able to play 3rd until the Schnur is ready and Boone is already a very good 3rd baseman.

I'd say Crede and a prospect or two for those two.

You don't give up on Crede, period. Schnurstein is in Rookie ball, and it's pretty dumb to assume he'll ever make it to the bigs. I'd take on Williamson, but not Boone.

IF Crede is the swinger in this deal I'd give him up.  Boone will be able to play 3rd until the Schnur is ready and Boone is already a very good 3rd baseman.

What is Boone's contract situation? If we can lock him up for a long term deal than I guess I could accept trading Crede. Just as long as we don't throw in any other top prospects.

CWSOX45

You don't give up on Crede, period. Schnurstein is in Rookie ball, and it's pretty dumb to assume he'll ever make it to the bigs. I'd take on Williamson, but not Boone.

Well I'm saying if its Crede and two decent (none of the top 20) involved then I'd include him.

I would like to keep Crede as well. Maybe Sox make that deal and then move PK somewhere else for a starter and have Crede platoon the rest of this year and become the starter again next year (Boone plays everyday between 1st and 3rd).

I'm a big fan of Aaron Boone though. Williamson would be awesome. I'd like Williams and a starter or even Williamson and Graves. If Sox aren't gonna add a starter, then why not add two killer relievers.

Strange.

CWSOX45

CWSOX45

I want to keep Crede up here, he has been terrific defensively. His average is improving also with runners in scoring position.

Last year Crede got hot in August, history should repeat itself.

If we get Boone fine, just as long as Kenny doesn't give away Reed and other future stars.

CWSOX45

Eh, I don't know. We don't really need him to produce offensively, but it sure would be nice. You're right, his D has been very nice lately. But, if the Sox are going to make anymore moves, I hope we get either a 5th starter or some help for our 'pen, because we're going to need it down the stretch. The offense is either going to be there or it won't be -- we have the guys, just let em gel. Adding another bat really wouldn't make all that much sense I guess.

What is Boone's contract situation? If we can lock him up for a long term deal than I guess I could accept trading Crede. Just as long as we don't throw in any other top prospects.

CWSOX45

3.7 mill this year and he's 30 years old. HIs numbers basically have been getting better each season.

Okay here is my two cents. Crede is performing EXACTLY as projected. Im not sure why some of you over hype our "prospects", but this guy wasnt projected to be more than a .280 19 hr 90 rbi type of guy. The fact that hes in his 1st full season, his current numbers arent surprising to me at all. :huh:

Aaron Boone would be a nice upgrade, but why give up anything good? We have a solid lineup.

Well I'm saying if its Crede and two decent (none of the top 20) involved then I'd include him.

I would like to keep Crede as well. Maybe Sox make that deal and then move PK somewhere else for a starter and have Crede platoon the rest of this year and become the starter again next year (Boone plays everyday between 1st and 3rd).

I'm a big fan of Aaron Boone though. Williamson would be awesome. I'd like Williams and a starter or even Williamson and Graves. If Sox aren't gonna add a starter, then why not add two killer relievers.

Graves will not be moved, his contract is too big for JR to chew on. Paul Konerko will not, and should not be traded now. He's finally coming around, and trading him for a 5th starter makes no sense at all. The guy was an All-Star last year, and we're trading him so we can five good starters over four? Doesn't make much sense to me.

Okay here is my two cents.  Crede is performing EXACTLY as projected.  Im not sure why some of you over hype our "prospects", but this guy wasnt projected to be more than a .280 19 hr 90 rbi type of guy.  The fact that hes in his 1st full season, his current numbers arent surprising to me at all. :huh:

Maybe I got my hopes up after the way he performed at the end of last year. I expected him to drop off a little, but to go from a SLG in the .500's to a SLG in the .300's is quite a drop off. Also, he isn't walking nearly enough, and has very little speed. The only thing keeping him in the majors is his defense.

To me the Sox can live with Crede. He plays great defense and he will become a very good player. I see him as a very similar player to Scott Rolen.

Aaron Boone is also a good player. Boone would be a great pickup this season and I'm sure he'd have value next year if the Sox move him. If Sox can get him without giving up Crede or anything super good (Along with Williamson) then I'd say its a great move to get the two of them.

You got to improve the team for this year as best they can and if you get a great offer take it and deal with the conflicts in the offseason.

Still add a starter and a reliever or two really good relievers.

I would love to get Williamson and Boone. If we had to trade Crede as apart of the deal, I wouldn't mind all that much since Boone is only 30 and could keep up his level of play for another 6-7 years. He is making $3.7 million this year, but I'm not sure about the rest of his contract. As for Williamson, he'd be great to have in our bullpen and would probably become our closer.

Graves will not be moved, his contract is too big for JR to chew on. Paul Konerko will not, and should not be traded now. He's finally coming around, and trading him for a 5th starter makes no sense at all. The guy was an All-Star last year, and we're trading him so we can five good starters over four? Doesn't make much sense to me.

Only reason I throw that out there is because Konerko's contract is huge. I don't know what JR is telling KW in terms of purse strings. But i'd rather have Colon then Konerko.

I like Konerko a lot. Honestly I wouldn't change the offense all that much, unless given the chance to get a speedster or a lefty power hitter that draws walks, etc (Giles).

Otherwise 5th starter and a reliever are the needs.

Jason, if we could have either a 5th starter or 2 relievers, I'd take the 2 relievers. To me, we can get by with the 4 starters we have, and just hope for a big offensive day when our #5 is out there. Also, someone mentioned the other day that our #5 is only going to have like 6 starts the rest of the season, and I think one of those was on Sunday. So, throwing a guy like Ginter or Glover out there 5 more times isn't going to make or break our season. As far as our bullpen goes, there are really only 3 guys that JM seems to have faith in, and that will catch up to us soon if we don't get them some help.

Gammons also said that the Red Sox and Yanks were looking at Williamson. If Steinbrenner wants him he'll get him.

CWSOX45

The Big Stein might not be able to get him if the Reds want prospects. The Yankees minor league system is drying up pretty quickly. I think Crede would have some value to Cincinatti. Boone and Williamson for Crede and a prospect which was mentioned in an earlier post would excite me.

With Boston looking at Williamson (and help in the bullpen in general), it would be SWEET if the Sox could swoop in and get Williamson, then pawn Koch off on the Red Sox. That would kill 2 birds with 1 stone -- we'd greatly improve our bullpen, and we'd cut payroll so we could resign guys like Colon and Robbie Alomar in the off-season.