Gammons on sportscenter

CWSOX45

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Crede and I'm far from giving up on him. Hes an awesome third baseman and showed traces of what he can do last year.

But I would do Williamson and Boone for Crede and a prospect simply because we'll be getting two proven guys that would help us this year and for years to come. Williamson would be our closer and provide a huge boost to our bullpen. Boone was an All-Star and has a ton of talent also.

The only setback is that we're playing great baseball right now and I'm not sure I wanna hurt the chemistry during this great run. Remember what that Alomar-Everett deal did to us at first?

Take it for what you will, but on the radio today, Bruce Levine said the Sox were inquiring about Schoenwiess from Anahiem.

Not super exciting, but wed probably get him cheap and hes not a bad bullpen/5th starter.

SB

Schoenwise has a pretty high ERA but he's better than any 5th starter we've got and can eat up some innings in the bullpen.

Take it for what you will, but on the radio today, Bruce Levine said the Sox were inquiring about Schoenwiess from Anahiem.

Not super exciting, but wed probably get him cheap and hes not a bad bullpen/5th starter.

SB

Schoenwise has a pretty high ERA but he's better than any 5th starter we've got and can eat up some innings in the bullpen.

I was looking up his stats and Schoenweis hasn't gone more than 2 and 2 thirds this year so I'm not sure he'd be a 5th starter. Anyways he's still but up some good numbers in relief.

SB

I was looking up his stats and Schoenweis hasn't gone more than 2 and 2 thirds this year so I'm not sure he'd be a 5th starter. Anyways he's still but up some good numbers in relief.

He was used as a starter for some time last year and didnt pitch all that well. He has decent stuff and has always said that he wants to start but have never gotten the chance with the Angels. Scot Shields would be a much better pickup but I guess Shoenwise would come cheap and could fill in.

in every possible situation i was thinking about involving cinncy, i am surprise on this talk. i mean moving boone with any of the pitchers they want to give away.

i wonder who is involve and it means that crede is part of the deal? they have brandon larson in the wings for the 3b position. if getting williamson involve us taking boone and giving up crede then so be it, but i wonder who else we would have to give up?

if kw does the trade, i would have to give him his reward for doing something that is needed and doing it right, that is if we don't give up too much.

now for my greedy side, why not extend it and include another pitcher and see what they would want in return. :headbang

Jason, if we could have either a 5th starter or 2 relievers, I'd take the 2 relievers.  To me, we can get by with the 4 starters we have, and just hope for a big offensive day when our #5 is out there.  Also, someone mentioned the other day that our #5 is only going to have like 6 starts the rest of the season, and I think one of those was on Sunday.  So, throwing a guy like Ginter or Glover out there 5 more times isn't going to make or break our season.  As far as our bullpen goes, there are really only 3 guys that JM seems to have faith in, and that will catch up to us soon if we don't get them some help.

I agree with you on this. I'd rather have Cotts up as the 5th or something along those lines with 2 solid relievers. If Sox could get Williamson and say Stanton or Williamson and Graves or something along those lines you all of a sudden double the arms JM should have trust in, plus JM just got Wunsch back. You'd go from having faith in two guys, to having faith in 5 guys, and you have Koch as the 6th.

SB

Schoenweiss has pitched awesome out of the pen in releif. He wants to be a starter and in 2001 he pitched more then 200 innings.

The problem is the Angels are asking a whole lot for him and the Cards are very interested. I'd rather cheap things out. Plus Schoenweiss has proved nothing as a starter and would be too expensive (Trade Wise) to get as a reliever.

He, Aaron Boone can play SS also. If he comes and play in Jose role, would be great. Williamson would be the closer... it's unbelievable...

I was gonna say I swore he played in the middle infield at one point in his career. I was thinking he could move to short or 2nd if Alomar or Jose leaves in the offseason and the Sox don't deal Crede.

I forgot the reds had larson. If they plan on playing him at 3rd then I doubt they'd take Crede.

He, Aaron Boone can play SS also. If he comes and play in Jose role, would be great. Williamson would be the closer... it's unbelievable...

I'm actually starting to hope the Sox sign Jose this off-season. I think he brings a lot to this team. Now, that's assuming he'll take less money to stay here, and that of course remains to be seen.

I'm actually starting to hope the Sox sign Jose this off-season.  I think he brings a lot to this team.  Now, that's assuming he'll take less money to stay here, and that of course remains to be seen.

i am with you on this, even if its for the same, he is a clubhouse leader. he does the little things that a great captian does.

i can live with him for the sake of saving money to help resign some of who we have.

I was gonna say I swore he played in the middle infield at one point in his career.  I was thinking he could move to short or 2nd if Alomar or Jose leaves in the offseason and the Sox don't deal Crede.

I forgot the reds had larson.  If they plan on playing him at 3rd then I doubt they'd take Crede.

He played 19 games this year in 2B and 0 errors.

with the sox getting scott from ana, forget the idea of getting williamson.

Don't be so sure. Sox could be using Scott as a starter...plus I think the Sox since they dealt Glover in the move, still are planning on adding another reliever.

I wouldn't do Boone and Williamson for Crede straight up let alone throw in a prospect. Why would anyone trade a rookie 3rd base stud for a 2 month rental and a reliever you can't even afford to take to his final yr of arb? I hope that deal makes even less sense to KW.

Don't be so sure.  Sox could be using Scott as a starter...plus I think the Sox since they dealt Glover in the move, still are planning on adding another reliever.

i can only hope that we go out and get williamson from cinncy.

has anyone else heard that jose guillen is also part of the deal????????