4/13 GT: Sox @ Blue Jays, Floyd v. Romero

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 13, 2010 -> 11:54 PM)
?

I'm not watching the game but he's throwing mostly strikes. So he gave up a couple of runs...? The Jays are hitting, that's just what's up right now.

High pitch count, and he's gotten away with some miserable pitches. One of the reasons they've hit well against our starters is because the stuff they were seeing was mediocre. Our relievers dominated them last night.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 13, 2010 -> 06:54 PM)
Well, he looks fine to me. The fastball has some pop and he's locating it well and the one slider he threw was nasty to Wells, but the curveball isn't there.

He's not locating well, why do you think he's thrown almost 70 pitches in 3 innings?

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 13, 2010 -> 06:53 PM)
I had no idea there was such a difference for him. I'm already sick of lefties just crushing his fastball though.

I think it's pretty well known how you feel about Gavin...

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 13, 2010 -> 06:54 PM)
Well, he looks fine to me. The fastball has some pop and he's locating it well and the one slider he threw was nasty to Wells, but the curveball isn't there.

That's the thing with Floyd. He'll struggle for 2-3 innings and then all of a sudden he can throw that nasty hook on command for 3-4 innings in a row and make it look effortless.

2-0 isn't a big lead, and we've come back the last couple of games, so I don't think it's "oh, no, here we go again" quite yet for the team psyche.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 13, 2010 -> 07:55 PM)
High pitch count, and he's gotten away with some miserable pitches. One of the reasons they've hit well against our starters is because the stuff they were seeing was mediocre. Our relievers dominated them last night.

High pitch count yes, but I wouldn't say this game is out of control for him right now.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 13, 2010 -> 06:55 PM)
I think it's pretty well known how you feel about Gavin...

And Wells (who's a dead fastball hitter) hit a high hanging curveball that was out and over the plate.

Nothing you can do when you don't have a feel for your pitches. You can't just be a one pitch pitcher, you have to keep plugging away with those other pitches until the feel comes back for them.

QUOTE (beckham15 @ Apr 13, 2010 -> 06:58 PM)
you should have realized that last year when he kept throwing dwise out there

Well that's about when I realized it. Last year was my first about face on Ozzie since he's been here.

Edited by Princess Dye

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 12:59 AM)
It's pretty obvious that Nix needs to be in AAA getting regular at-bats (if he's not claimed by another team...which is unlikely) because Ozzie's almost always going to go with Kotsay, Jones and Vizquel over the younger player.

Might as well just trade Nix for a minor league arm or something, because if Beckham gets hurt, Omar will be starting over him.