Yanks deal Mondesi to the dbacks...

Bmr31

what did they get in rtn?

ref to clearing room, offeseason move, vladdy?

I believe it was a pitcher and a minor leaguer. I heard it on the Angels broadcast, so its probably not out in the national media yet.

Doesnt make sense for the yanks, they must be up to something. :huh:

Of course it makes sense, it cuts their $180M payroll and they can get rid of a .250 hitter who's making a ton of money.

That said, they probably are up to something, but even if they weren't, it would make sense to me.

Of course it makes sense, it cuts their $180M payroll and they can get rid of a .250 hitter who's making a ton of money. 

That said, they probably are up to something, but even if they weren't, it would make sense to me.

The yanks couldnt care less about payroll. They must have another OFer in mind.

Yeah, making room for Vladimir. :angry:

Plus, I believe I heard that Pettitte is a FA after this year.

If they get Vladamir I'm quittin baseball :fyou

They're gonna make a run at him. I was just thinking a few days ago that the Yanks were going to be one of the teams in the "Vlad Sweepstakes". You'd be foolish not to think that Steinbrenner wouldn't get his mitts near Vladdy.

Just an FYI, Mondesi is making $13,000,000 this year, and he is hitting .258.  He hasn't hit .300 in a season since 1997 and has never driven in 100 runs.  He's a loser.  The Yanks are lucky to get rid of him.

Let me clear this up for ya clu, lol. The fact that the yanks were dumb enough to pay him 13 mil in ANY season, just proves they dont care about payroll. I seriously doubt this is money related. :bang Other than clearing room for another OFer....

Let me clear this up for ya clu, lol.  The fact that the yanks were dumb enough to pay him 13 mil in ANY season, just proves they dont care about payroll.  I seriously doubt this is money related. :bang  Other than clearing room for another OFer....

Well yeah, overall, they don't really care about payroll. But, this move is about payroll. They are certainly looking to maybe add a guy like Juan Gonzalez this year, or to add Vladimir and/or re-sign Pettitte this coming off-season.

Well yeah, overall, they don't really care about payroll.  But, this move is about payroll.  They are certainly looking to maybe add a guy like Juan Gonzalez this year, or to add Vladimir and/or re-sign Pettitte this coming off-season.

The Yankees don't care about payroll, and if you think they do, well...I don't have a comeback for that. The Yankees generate enough revenue from YES to cover their 180 million dollar roster and then some. The Yankees never make moves about payroll in this day and age, remember, they're the team that pays Derek Jeter almost 20 million a year.

The Yankees don't care about payroll, and if you think they do, well...I don't have a comeback for that. The Yankees generate enough revenue from YES to cover their 180 million dollar roster and then some. The Yankees never make moves about payroll in this day and age, remember, they're the team that pays Derek Jeter almost 20 million a year.

Yes sir........................but i dont think theyre TOO upset about losing a 13 million dollar stiff. :lol:

Um, I never said they cared about payroll. But at the same time, they are going to cut payroll short-term if it will allow them to improve their team long-term. Getting rid of the king of underachievers Raul Mondesi is going to give them some flexibility in the off-season.

Um, I never said they cared about payroll.  But at the same time, they are going to cut payroll short-term if it will allow them to improve their team long-term.  Getting rid of the king of underachievers Raul Mondesi is going to give them some flexibility in the off-season.

But, this move is about payroll.

That would imply that the Yankees care about payroll. The Yankees always have flexibility in the offseason (see Matsui, Contreras, Giambi, Musinna, etc.). Hell, if need be, I wouldn't have been surprised if the Yanks just released Mondesi and ate his contract.

That would imply that the Yankees care about payroll. The Yankees always have flexibility in the offseason (see Matsui, Contreras, Giambi, Musinna, etc.). Hell, if need be, I wouldn't have been surprised if the Yanks just released Mondesi and ate his contract.

Im listening to sports radio, and i believe its from LA and they said they would talk more about the deal of mondesi later. Maybe they have some new info........ :huh: