Manuel's thoughts on White

aboz56

White had been critical of Manuel's handling of the bullpen in an article that ran in a Chicago newspaper on Monday. But the White Sox manager laughed when asked if he thought the minor controversy was a distraction for the veteran reliever.

"That's a question for Rick White, not me," said Manuel with a smile. "But if you speak up, I would like to give you an opportunity to prove it. You know how I am about those things.

"If you can do what you can to get it backed up or whatever you want to do, go ahead. I'm proud of you. I like guys who say what's on their mind and then go out and perform."

------------------

Rick White is a complete idiot and I doubt he lasts more than 2 more weeks. I'm with JM on this one, put up or shut the hell up.

Why did JM bring in White? This is a big series; we can't be f***ing around with a lead. Or, would JM have brought him in if White had not shot his mouth off? Just giving him a chance to put up or shut up?

JM should not be bringing White in for a while. So then we have a 23 man roster.

Why did JM bring in White?  This is a big series; we can't be f***ing around with a lead.  Or, would JM have brought him in if White had not shot his mouth off?  Just giving him a chance to put up or shut up?

JM should not be bringing White in  for a while.  So then we have a 23 man roster.

He wanted to show White what his role was, mop up duty.

Why did JM bring in White?  This is a big series; we can't be f***ing around with a lead.  Or, would JM have brought him in if White had not shot his mouth off?  Just giving him a chance to put up or shut up?

JM should not be bringing White in  for a while.  So then we have a 23 man roster.

If Jerry didn't and doesn't bring him in for awhile, it looks like he's pissed at White and taking things personally. He had to bring him into a game soon after the comments to "prove" that he's not sulking. So, he brings him into mop up duty last night and White falls flat on his face. :lol: Now, Jerry can let him rot on the bench and the reason now is because he sucks...NOT because he spoke out. Genious! IMO

Best move Jerry's made this year, I think!

It was flawless - HUGE lead late, even if he stinks it up ( which he did, because after all, he is RICK WHITE ) then JM yanks him and White looks stupid and awful ( which he is, because....well.... ).

If White happens to do well, it doesn't matter because it's mop-up duty ( or in White's case, FLOP-UP duty ) and nobody notices.

It was perfect that White flaps his buffet-stuffer and then goes out and stinks the joint up.

"If you can do what you can to get it backed up or whatever you want to do, go ahead. I'm proud of you. I like guys who say what's on their mind and then go out and perform."

Shockingly, I agree with JM here 100%. He gave White-Flag a chance and over his last 3 outings, he's given up runs. It's probably because he doesn't know his role :rolleyes: . It's not like White-Flag was pitching lights out and was used differently every game. Why is it that the only two relievers talking s*** in the press are the worst relievers we have..... White-Flag and Botch? Someone should fix these f***s a nice tall glass of Shut The f*** Up Juice.

Shockingly, I agree with JM here 100%. He gave White-Flag a chance and over his last 3 outings, he's given up runs. It's probably because he doesn't know his role :rolleyes: . It's not like White-Flag was pitching lights out and was used differently every game. Why is it that the only two relievers talking s*** in the press are the worst relievers we have..... White-Flag and Botch? Someone should fix these f***s a nice tall glass of Shut The f*** Up Juice.

Koch hasn't talked s*** about anybody but himself. All he has said is he thinks he can get his closing job back, and that is the attitude he HAS to have, otherwise he is done for.

Koch hasn't talked s*** about anybody but himself. All he has said is he thinks he can get his closing job back, and that is the attitude he HAS to have, otherwise he is done for.

Botch has talked s*** about Minnesota after they lit his ass up in '02's Divisional Playoffs and about the fans and media after he got EXTREMELY lucky on 06/21 after saving a game against the Cubs. To quote..... "Everyone wants to know where my 96 MPH heat is? There's your f***ing heat." Yeah. One pitch all season hit 96 MPH nut-rod. And the radar probably picked up the opposing players bat speed..... not his pitch speed. You may see it as Botch being critical of himself. I sort of read between the lines and draw my own conclusions. I just don't think Botch is as self-effacing as you may think. JMHO though.