Please DH Quentin

GREEDY

I never understood the fascination with putting CQ in RF in the first place. He was average at best in LF, and easier defensive position, and people were arguing that a move to a harder position would make him better? He really is a LF, but cant play that position unless you want Pierre in CF.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 22, 2010 -> 06:26 AM)
Ozzie said Teahen is going to get some DH time when he comes back. Anyone still think the Sox really don't need a DH?

Where are they going to get one from? There is zero talent in the farm to use to acquire anything better than what we have now. Pretty much all of last years draft prospects that have value are injured and have little value and other than that the farm has been cleaned out in acquisitions of Pierre and Peavy. The only real trade chips we have are on the ML roster and is getting rid some combination of Viciendo, Beckham and Hudson worth two months of Dunn or 13 months of Fielder? No way.

never understood the fascination with putting CQ in RF in the first place. He was average at best in LF, and easier defensive position, and people were arguing that a move to a harder position would make him better? He really is a LF, but cant play that position unless you want Pierre in CF.

Great post.

I have wondered about that as well. I guess the acquisition of weak-armed Juan made it impossible to keep CQ in left unless he became DH.

As I recall, CQ wasn't so bad in left.