Does Kenny dare to consider making this trade?

hawksox13

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 20, 2010 -> 11:45 PM)
It just became a little bit more expensive one for the Tigers.

With all their contracts coming off the books, they have at least $20 million to play with, but sinking a lot of it into Ramirez...I think their biggest weakness still is starting pitching after Verlander.

What has to happen again for Ordonez to come back in 2011?

I'm pretty sure they shed the contracts of Bonderman, Inge, Damon, Laird, Guillen...although Inge is like Joe Crede there, they might make a play to bring him back, but he's not cheap at $6.6 million, it's a lot like our decision with AJ I suppose.

Ordonez needs 207 more PAs for his $15 mill option next year to vest.

And the Tigers are shedding like $50 million off of their payroll this offseason. They will have money to spend, which is why I think a trade for Aramis Ramirez can't be ruled out. Hopefully the Cubs stay hot and think they can get back in the race and they don't trade Ramirez away.

QUOTE (daggins @ Jul 21, 2010 -> 12:13 AM)
Overreaction to a badly timed 7 game losing streak. Tigers need like, one starter and one halfway decent bat to be really competitive.

Their rotation really isn't that good (Verlander-Bonderman-Porcello-Galaragga-Scherzer really is not that great...talented, but not great), they're getting mediocre production in their middle infield, they are getting no production out of their catchers, and there is reason to believe that Boesch is going to fall off hard in the second half. On top of that, they do have a very difficult second half schedule. It's not going to be easy for the Tigers to win the division.

QUOTE (hawksox13 @ Jul 21, 2010 -> 09:49 AM)
I don't think that's possible either. From anything I've heard so far it doesn't seem that Teahen is a complete toolbag like Swisher. He's just not very good at baseball.

He's a hell of a lot better then Mark Kotsay is right now.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 21, 2010 -> 08:02 AM)
Teahen's probably not much better than Q out there in RF right now.

That said, a Jones/Teahen RF platoon with Q at DH sets things up pretty darn well. Keeps Kotsay on the bench unless Konerko's getting a day off, keeps Teahen from ever having to face a LHP with his numbers against them.

Teahen would be a slight upgrade over Quentin out there IMO.

The hyperbole on this thread is hilarious; Teahen is a colossal mistake, Teahen is not a 3rd baseman, only 1 GM had to have Teahen and he wasnt from Detroit.

Let's clear up this stream of misinformation that is on this thread. 1st- Contract extension was done to buy up Teahen's Arb years and is a good move and saves the club money in the long run. 2nd- Teahen's struggles were not as bad as Beckham, Ramirez, Vizquel, Jones, Quentin or Kotsay when he was injured and most if not all have turned their seasons around, why doesn't he get a chance to prove himself before the masses throw him outta town?

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 21, 2010 -> 12:16 PM)
Ordonez needs 207 more PAs for his $15 mill option next year to vest.

And the Tigers are shedding like $50 million off of their payroll this offseason. They will have money to spend, which is why I think a trade for Aramis Ramirez can't be ruled out. Hopefully the Cubs stay hot and think they can get back in the race and they don't trade Ramirez away.

Their rotation really isn't that good (Verlander-Bonderman-Porcello-Galaragga-Scherzer really is not that great...talented, but not great), they're getting mediocre production in their middle infield, they are getting no production out of their catchers, and there is reason to believe that Boesch is going to fall off hard in the second half. On top of that, they do have a very difficult second half schedule. It's not going to be easy for the Tigers to win the division.

He's a hell of a lot better then Mark Kotsay is right now.

www.coolstandings.com gives the Tigers a 10 percent chance of making the playoffs.

Edited by Al Lopez's Ghost