Who's the odd man out of the rotation next year?

Jerksticks

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 6, 2010 -> 11:03 AM)
I don't think Garcia will be sticking around. The Sox, I believe, will try to extend Jackson (giving him maybe an extra 2 to 3 years). If not, they might keep him they might trade him. And of course there is Chris Sale waiting in the wings as well.

Just my 2 cents.

Keep in mind, Jackson remains a Scott Boras client. Especially if Jackson is effective for the White Sox, the only way he would be "extended" is if he changed agents. Otherwise, he's going to be looking to hit the FA market after 2011 with a consistent 96 mph fastball and whatever line Cooper can get him to put up the next 1.3 years.

If he's good enough that the Sox would want him back, he'll get a fortune on the open market.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 6, 2010 -> 08:09 AM)
Keep in mind, Jackson remains a Scott Boras client. Especially if Jackson is effective for the White Sox, the only way he would be "extended" is if he changed agents. Otherwise, he's going to be looking to hit the FA market after 2011 with a consistent 96 mph fastball and whatever line Cooper can get him to put up the next 1.3 years.

If he's good enough that the Sox would want him back, he'll get a fortune on the open market.

Well, that isn't the end of the world. It means the Sox would potentially get draft picks for Jackson. But if Jackson does do ok here and assimilates into the clubhouse nicely, I could see him liking the idea of signing an extension and actually staying in one place for a while.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 6, 2010 -> 11:14 AM)
Well, that isn't the end of the world. It means the Sox would potentially get draft picks for Jackson. But if Jackson does do ok here and assimilates into the clubhouse nicely, I could see him liking the idea of signing an extension and actually staying in one place for a while.

Yeah, but when has that ever mattered for a Boras client?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 6, 2010 -> 08:19 AM)
Yeah, but when has that ever mattered for a Boras client?

I realize Boras advises guys to do one thing or another, but it happens. Guys drop Boras, guys sign to stay in one place. Does it happen a lot, certainly not, but this guy has moved around a whole hell of a lot and there is something to be said about a guy finding a comfortable spot and staying.

And at the end of the day, Jackson gets to do what he wants to do, Boras just advises him.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 6, 2010 -> 11:21 AM)
I realize Boras advises guys to do one thing or another, but it happens. Guys drop Boras, guys sign to stay in one place. Does it happen a lot, certainly not, but this guy has moved around a whole hell of a lot and there is something to be said about a guy finding a comfortable spot and staying.

And at the end of the day, Jackson gets to do what he wants to do, Boras just advises him.

Like I said, the only way he stays in Chicago is if he drops his agent, and even then, that's no guarantee (see: D1)